Fellow Sound Forge Users

• Thread starter Stréetwíze Productnz
  • Start date
S

Stréetwíze Productnz

Hey guys!

I have been wondering this ever since i started using Sound Forge just over a year ago. But have never asked anyone or looked it up, but it became a real issue today whilst chopping this complicated song up. So i hope someone can help me:

Okay. You know when you're highlighting your chop or your loop and you adjust your selection by putting the curser at one of the ends and dragging it forwards or backwards. Is there a shortcut that allows you to switch from one end of your selection to the other instantly, rather than having to scroll sideways for ages?

Because what i find myself doing is zooming in all the way in order to make one end correct. Then having to zoom all the way out again, scroll sideways to the other end, and zoom in all the way again! There must be an easier way?

This may be quite insignificant but when you're making loads and loads of chops for one song it becomes quite tedious and I sometimes end up losing the vibe.

I'd appriciate any help you guys can give!

SP

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel the same way... it's annoying to have to zoom out, scroll, then zoom back in to navigate to a specific point - but i realized how much harder it was [for me] to navigate around a sample the same way using other programs... i've become accustomed to doing it that way, accustomed to using Sound Forge to edit my audio samples... i've just learned to accept that method, and to be that much more patient... i will still be, however, open-minded should one find a 'better' or 'quicker' way to do so within Sound Forge...

Hey there,

At least in previous versions of Sound Forge (pre-Sony) the keyboard shortcut was CTRL+--> or CTRL+<--, depending on what side of the selection you want to jump to.

I can't check that right now cuz I'm on my Mac at work, but give that a try.

Peace

~ manwreck ~

manwreck said:
Hey there,

At least in previous versions of Sound Forge (pre-Sony) the keyboard shortcut was CTRL+--> or CTRL+<--, depending on what side of the selection you want to jump to.

I can't check that right now cuz I'm on my Mac at work, but give that a try.

Peace

~ manwreck ~

Thanks for the reply bro but that didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

gb4double said:
Is the only way to chop in Sound Forge creating regions?

No but it is the quickest!

SP

the easiest solution is usually the most complex of them all this gives credence(validity)...to the whole chopping and sampling when making or doing or "screwing" hip hop music....the idea is when recording your sample or sample parts...record them at low levels on the audio input/output......then once complete..;with the sample piece...scroll back and forth throughout the wav still- to get the desired result...what;s that ... arrangement is everything -- you dang skippy...and FP MEMBERS DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT MUCH about which drum patterns sound most common OR DRUM PROGRAMMING cause they go hand n hand.....just trim/insert silence to chop sometimes to get rid of doubled up kicks etc.,and try "zoomout" fully so you can see where that "sound" peaks and where the next measure & bar drops....that's and ear training technique...and mark every point it helps to develop the bassline for a more fluid-like feel

Last edited:
Back