Favorite sample based producer?

I really love 9th wonder , but I feel like all his beats sound the same , He restricts his sampling to soul!
Dilla & Pete Rocks creativity was limitless , When you analyse their flips with the original samples you are utterly amazed!

I like this thread... From back in the day Marley Marl, Hank/keith Shocklee(bomb squad), Diamond Dee, jazzy jay as well as primo, dilla etc.
goldie, rob playford, lemon d, manix, 4 hereo, dj hype

Frankie bones(bones break series),herbaliser, dj shadow... man there's just too many!!

Honestly, back when Kanye worked primarily with samples. Ive got respect for Dre for finding obscure samples and of course Dilla should be on everyones list.. Back when Kanye produced BE for Common that album has every form of creative, obscure and awe inspiring samples.

J Dilla, 9th Wonder, Dj Premier, Khrysis, M-Phazes, Illmind, Amp, Pete Rock, Large Pro, Jake One, RZA, Statik Selektah, Exile, Thes One and Aim.

My personal favorites.

Kankick, Madlib, Karriem Riggins, Knx ... along with the obvious contenders that most have already mentioned :cool:

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

Alchemist, 9th! old kanye was dope too!

I'm sorry I just don't consider Kanye a music producer anymore, ever since he's a pop star who grew a vagina and became a whining b***h lol.

Back