Favorite sample based producer?

ok I'm an S.A guy so I'll drop some names y'all won't know and international ones y'all do know. Nyambz, the dudes from Pioneer Unit, DJ Roach, DJ Premier, Large Professor, El-P(sorry but his records are so dirty I couldn't leave him out), Evidence, Alchemist(dude has some mad skills yo), Prince Paul, DOOM, 37mph, Dela, Danny!, RZA and Khrysis. I left out the rest cause those are obvious lol

Vanilla, most painfully underrated instrumentals

Pretty much the whole album Vanilla - Soft Focus, and it's free.

Vanilla, most painfully underrated instrumentals

Pretty much the whole album Vanilla - Soft Focus, and it's free.

You're from Indiana too? BIG UPS just followed you on SC.
You should checkout the SC and tell me what you think. We could possibly link up.

Some of my favorites are: 9th Wonder, J Dilla, Ta-Ku, Onra, Pete Rock, RZA, MF Doom, Madlib

Last edited:
So hard to really pick one favorite. At one point people thought sampling was dead. I'm excited about anything Harry Fraud touches. I'm sorta mad no one mentioned Cardiak or !llmind.

DJ premier - greatest hip hop producer ever and my number one influence.....Just Blaze, Jake One, Statik Selektah, Exile...too many to think of right now, but those are my favorites

So hard to really pick one favorite. At one point people thought sampling was dead. I'm excited about anything Harry Fraud touches. I'm sorta mad no one mentioned Cardiak or !llmind.

It's how I feel as well, sampling will never die man.. it's such an amazing art form that many people cherish.

Back