Favorite Groups to Sample?

ummm...the whispers dope....old marvin is iight...ive messed with it...ummmm like dude said up there...old 80's **** cheezy pop/new wave vibe ****...i even get into hair metal bands cause thats what i was into till i was like 6 so its like reliving the memories...another cat i love is zappa man....dude is a god...really funky like

-trade

ozzy osbourne anyone?!?! just me?!?!

-trade

Last edited by a moderator:
jwhaatt07 said:
I like how nick cannon sampled new edition in his single ''dime piece''
it was Bell Biv Divoe lmao

the song is called poison

Last edited:
The Ramp, David Axelrod, Bob James (a producer just isn't a producer if they haven't at least TRIED to freak Nautilus), and Roy Ayers. Man, the list goes on...

realEYEZ said:
The Ramp, David Axelrod, Bob James (a producer just isn't a producer if they haven't at least TRIED to freak Nautilus), and Roy Ayers. Man, the list goes on...

True. You ever hear how 9th chopped and flipped on the last MURS joint? So ill. That goes out to the heads on the 9th drums thread too check that beat before you try to downgrade 9th lik he's garbage (I'm tellin' you ni%%@s dun lost they mind)

Whiz

Mainboi23SX said:
Ughhh, taht's my girl! What you sampled of her? Because right now, I'm bout to make a beat using one of her trackz, on one of her flop albums.
Id tell u but id have to kill u

Gee-Whiz said:
Someone sampled poison? Nick Cannon? I can only imagine how whack the song must be.
I thought the song was pretty hot it came out late last year

Last edited:
What about Luther Vandross? I think he's got very good style and some parts of his song play only one simple instrument.. I found some kickz too for example... I like it... And too I think US 70's Soul is great!

Xabiton said:
I thought the song was pretty hot it came out late last year

I don't think I'd go as far as to say it was hot. My experience went like this

"Whoa, someone sampled BBD's 'Poison'. I loved that track. Turn it up."

10 seconds later

"Nick Cannon? Turn it back down."

The beat is nice. Really really simple track too. The hook is what makes the song. The lyrics? Subpar at best. After 10 seconds of hearing Nick Cannon blather on about why he's cool and why he likes girls that was it for me. Especially since someone else wrote it for him.

Double WHACK.

No it wasn't HOT the beat the song everything was TRIPLE WHOOPER WACK!

Xabiton said:
Id tell u but id have to kill u
I probably already sampled it, maybe if you tell me, maybe we can duke it out see who makes it sound better....?

Last edited:
Mainboi23SX said:
I probably already sampled it, maybe if you tell me, maybe we can duke it out see who makes it sound better....?
Ive already sold the track tho lol

basixxx said:
Iron Butterfly...

They're a good band to just listen to as well.

But I don't really have a favorite group to sample to be honest. I'm more of a chill in a thrift/record shop and check out the covers for labels/dates/pictures. If it looks cool, I'll snatch it. I look for all types of different genres too, which makes for an extremely varied collection lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back