Extracting sound- using EQ or something else?

larkz

Hi Guys,

I had a quick question about a sampling on a track that I came across recently. I was listening to Araabmuzik's Lost in a Maze and it seems as if he was able to isolate the vocals of a dance track and sample this into his music. Now i've been sampling for a little bit but I just could not figure out how he was able to extract the vocals so well. The original track is layered with vocals, drums and some other synth instruments.

I feel like even by EQing the track you would not get this kind of extraction (although I am no EQ or engineering expert). Or is it that he's using someone else to sing the vocal part just for his own usage (most likely the case in my opinion).

I was wondering if I could get people's feedback on their opinion on how the sound was isolated. I also tried to look for an acapella track of the sampled song but did not come across any.

Let me know guys.

Below is the link for the music:

AraabMuzik's Lost in a Maze sample of Lama's Nineteen Ninety Three | WhoSampled

Thanks!

-Larkz

Last edited:
Just because you couldn't get your hands on the acapella obviously doesn't mean he couldn't. He either got the acapella, had someone sing it, filters/eq, or used some type of vocal removing software/effect. The only way to find out for sure is to ask Araab..

ya u can get this dun with winamp..to a certain degree

hmm. interesting. yeah that's a true fact i guess. i feel like it may be someone else singing on it because the other songs which has a female vocal on it sounds like its the same person.

thanks tho. wanted to just see if anyone had some ideas.

-larkz

Yes, he had to have gotten the original vocal track sample to be able to do it. There is NO WAY to completely isolate a vocal from a stereo mix without affecting how it sounds and making it sound horrible.

it's obviously not the same exact version he sampled. the version he sampled sounds more like modern electro so it could most likely be a cover.

Back