Extracting hihat

kawi77

Hello everybody.I would kike to extract hihat present in original tune when first notes are just synth and hihat joins after.I wanted to use reverse polarity by selecting only synth notes reversing and placing in same place where you have same synth and hihat but it does not work.Would it work or not?Thank for any suggestions.I am using fl studio 10.
I have selected also some sample ,ran it to separate channel and used fabfilter which gives some effect with cutting low frequencies present from synth,however hihat lost its low end and its not so rich.I do not want to use different hihat as it would not be sounding good when original hihat will appear.What do you think guys?

Last edited:
Ah. That is very difficult. Have not tried this other method myself yet but an idea just floated.
Duplicating a track and equalizing it differently, then inverting the phase or polarity.
Cleaning the vocals from a song via equalizer can seems to be the only option at the moment.

Last edited:
Tried it, very tricky but works ever so slightly better kinda. Definitely not the "perfect" solution but it kinda alleviated it. If kawi haven't tried it yet then he prolly gave up dunno :/

What do you suggest guys?Run two tracks in separate channels, reversing phase in properties and then what,record it or place together in one output?

Youll never get it clean enough that it'll be worth using that high hat. Assuming we're only talking about phase cancellation methods, I cant hear the loop so I have no idea how busy it is. But if phase cancellation is your only hope- Its just a high hat, find a different one.

Chances are the synth will have some kind of parameter (free running oscillators spring to mind, or an external reverb/phaser/planger/chorus or something) that's different every time a note is played. So every single note will be very slightly different, and you won't get perfect phase cancellation.

Back