Ever found a sample....

C

CheefDiCheeba

Yall ever found a sick sample that was used by some underground/barely unknown cats and felt tempted to use it and act like u aint know where it came from. Its 1 thing to find a sample and not know if it was used before...but if u know its been used and u really feelin that sample, would u go head and use it anyway? i've been tempted...and im still decidin.

dont do it, thats gonna limit your creativity knowin that somone already used the sample becuase you gat to avoid doin it how they do it and all that, its just to much of a mess, there are plenty of samples out there go find another one

its all good if the pros do it am i right? jk but i dont know sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

CheefDiCheeba said:
Yall ever found a sick sample that was used by some underground/barely unknown cats and felt tempted to use it and act like u aint know where it came from. Its 1 thing to find a sample and not know if it was used before...but if u know its been used and u really feelin that sample, would u go head and use it anyway? i've been tempted...and im still decidin.

I'd go ahead and use it with the understanding that pretty much anything you'll ever touch will have been gone through by someone before. You just have to do it differently.

You have to remember there's been a lot of people shopping drums off records for 20-25 years and they've been everywhere you've been ten times over.

Don't tell us the LP you've turned up, but what song used the sample?

this track by these underground cats named rise and shine. that song had me movin...and then when i found the sample i was like yoooo. but i aint even gonna funk wit it. like homeboy said, theres plenty more samples out there.

CheefDiCheeba said:
this track by these underground cats named rise and shine. that song had me movin...and then when i found the sample i was like yoooo. but i aint even gonna funk wit it. like homeboy said, theres plenty more samples out there.

hoo ray, like you said the song that used the sample first, had you mofin before you ever heard the sample so you were probalby more inspired by the song than you were by the sample

the song was butta, but the song they sampled is crazy too...i spit and i know i could create some magic wit it. its more of a "morals" issue tho. the more i think about this sample the more i wanna use it. it aint nothin extra special but it captures my vibe perfectly.

ABone said:
if you want to do it, you need to do it better than the other guy :)

Co-sign... Don't follow him do something way better to blow him outta his socks that way he can feel like sh** and quit producing.... LOL

yeah thats what i needed to hear...ima definitely use this beat now. ideas is flowin to it, i might as well use it.

if you spit then i think its even better. cuz then u can use it and spit to it and everything is fine. whats the difference between that and using some random insturmental? except you have more creative control.

Ill give you this advice.

If you truly feel you could RIP IT better then they did, then go for it.

Be honest with yourself though. If you dont think you can, then leave it be and do something else.

One thing you gotta keep in mind is that more than anything what your doing is practicing making music. So if you dont use this sample you could be potentially limiting yourself and avoiding an inportant learning scenario.

the Black ghost

CheefDiCheeba said:

WHAT SONG WAS IT?

Earthquake said:

Co-sign... Don't follow him do something way better to blow him outta his socks that way he can feel like sh** and quit producing.... LOL

That's good in theory. Check out the beatmakers who work with R&S, though.....

Back