Ensoniq Mirage Rackmount help?

I've got an ensoniq mirage sampler and i want to basically use it as an effect just for the sound, and then sequence in my daw. I just wanna run sounds through it for the flavor hah. I don't need to save anything or do any editing on the machine. I've been going through the manual and I'm having a tough time figuring it out. If anyone has one of these samplers or just genuinely knows how old samplers work and could give me some advice it would be very appreciated!

Hm, I was too young to know this particular sampler, but I do know something of older samplers. Sounds to me that if you want to utilize the "flavor" of the hardware sampler, where the sampler changes the audio in some way (how older samplers do), then you might need to resample whatever sound into the machine first. I'm not sure that this machine is capable of passive processing an "audio in" so to speak.

It just seems logical to me that the sampler would have to load, process and "have it's way" with a sound, and that simply routing your audio chain through this piece of equipment will not achieve the sound you desire.

Anyone familiar with if it is possible to just route the audio chain through this sampler in order for it to add it's "magic" to the sound?

Back