Ensoniq Asr10...

BandBBoys

I have a Roland Fantom X6 and I was wondering if the Ensoniq ASR10 does anything that the Fantom does not do becuase I see alot of the famous producers....ie Timbo, Kanye in a studio full of the latest equipment but still using this vintage keyboard????

Thanx
B&BBoy

I think its more of the sound it gives off not really what its capable of

the only thing the asr can do that the fantom can't is sample at different sample rates. it has a great sound it isn't grimey but isnt clean either.

also, since u already have a keyboard, maybe u should look into the ASR-X.

it's basically the same thing:

asrx.jpg

there was also a rackmount ASR-10, but i don't know how easy it is to find anymore:

asr10r.jpg

here's a rack version on Ebay that's maxed out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ASR-10-RACK-MAX...ryZ38070QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by a moderator:
Jersey8five6 said:
also, since u already have a keyboard, maybe u should look into the ASR-X.

it's basically the same thing:

asrx.jpg

there was also a rackmount ASR-10, but i don't know how easy it is to find anymore:

asr10r.jpg

here's a rack version on Ebay that's maxed out
https://www.futureproducers.com/eba...ryZ38070QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
if i remember correctly the asrx is the upgrade to the asr10 and doesn't have the same converters that the 10 had. But if u want to go that deep into it all of the ensoniq samplers are basically the same. They are just upgrades of the original mirage

ASR-Wins

The ASR-10 is great for samples and sequencing. The only setback is that ther arent any built in sounds. You either have to load them from a floppy, sample, or run MIDI. Other than that you can't find a better sampler, especially once you learn the ins and outs of the keyboard.

henryhansun

I went more towards the direction of Just Blaze when i choose my keyboard....I just bought a kurzweil k2000....for $450 including shipping. Its a steal and it comes with 2nd to none stock sounds, and yes its a sampler. If your looking for that kanye sounds....anything synth from the 80's if great because all the sounds are really warm. Again the V.A.S.T technology lets you edit and create your own synths sounds.

I have an ASR10 a MPC 2000xl, a K2000s and a lot of other gear. If I could only have one piece of gear it would be the ASR10. The ASR10 FX are pretty good. Sometimes I route the MPC and other keyboards through the ASR10 FX. I would imagine that Kanye and Timbaland leave their ASR10 tracks dry and use more expensive FX.

So the ASR10 fx are better than the k2000 fx? What about all the great on board sounds on the K2000? The ASR10 doesn't have any. I think I'd choose the K2000s if I could only have one unit to do everything.

Honestly outside filtering, and a few other fx....i dont know why I would use the ones on my kurzweil. Like someone else posted no one else would know but you...lol

stickman2006 said:
So the ASR10 fx are better than the k2000 fx? What about all the great on board sounds on the K2000? The ASR10 doesn't have any. I think I'd choose the K2000s if I could only have one unit to do everything.
I personally like the ASR10's FX better than the K2000s. There are some okay sounds on the K2000 but I think most of them are no good for the music I make.

I personally like the ASR10's FX better than the K2000s. There are some okay sounds on the K2000 but I think most of them are no good for the music I make.

The asr 10 can do twenty times more to samples than a fantom x.a whole list of commands that aren't in the fantom x that are in the asr. I've owned both ,used both ,love both ,they make a great combo truly.each one makes up for the others weaknesses.the fantom is a full fledged sampler that does alot but the asr 10 is an advanced sampler. The asr 10 sampler smokes the fantom sampler even tho the fantom x sampler is really good.i can't knock the fantom.but keep in mind the asr 10 is most likely the most sample feature packed keyboard sampler ever.it really lets you go to the next level with samples.beyond the typical sampling drum machine feature set.

Back