Effect?

In ableton it's called beat repeat, he triggered the effect on the master track. I don't know if I've ever actually heard it used (effectively) before. I might try messing with it.

You can do it with FL using the Gross Beat plug in like 2 seconds.

Word up. Gross Beat will give you an awesome amount of control over audio playback and is just great for creating everything from short glitchy loops to old school record scratching sounds.

The particular sound you are after is that of a short loop, for example here is a loop being shortened on a clunky old Akai S3000XL.......

Last edited:
It's the BPM repeat effect on the sp404 sx. I use that all the time and I know this is what Dibia$e makes all of his beats on.

Different companies will call the looping functionality of their product something different, and so the real distinction lies in the way the loops can be manipulated.

To me IMHO... this is barely music. I don't know if I could recreate this sound quickly... but bet me a beer and I'll do it. Crank the limiter, downsize the compressor 1:3 (master track) and add a synth on top... really. really? I'm so glad I don't produce for life/money anymore.
Can't touch those big boys on the movies... just not connected enough. That's Australia for you.

Back