The easiest way yet to get vinyl into ya pc.

• Thread starter www.MerkRecords.com
  • Start date
W

www.MerkRecords.com

Terratec Phono PreAmp Studio USB

Ok I don’t produce but I saw this and remembered the countless posts about this process I have seen on here and many of them from people with little or no hardware so I figured this could be helpful. Check out this link, http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000570059357/. When I looked on Froogle (googles pricing system) I saw this was around $100. This is a USB Phono PreAmp so you need nothing but a cheap turntable, this box, and your preferred software and you can sample from vinyl. At $100 there may be a product out there with a Phono PreAmp and some other beneficial connections but like I said I don’t know and either way the simplicity of this item will make it a winner I would guess for some of the novices out there who have enough learning to do as it is.

looks interesting but Im good with my straight audio transfers usb still isnt the best option for recording audio into the pc imo for midi its ok but firewire the the king of kings

looks interesting but Im good with my straight audio transfers usb still isnt the best option for recording audio into the pc imo for midi its ok but firewire the the king of kings

why do you consider firewire "kings of kings" because it is used most often on decent products? i think this is mainly because the industry is dominated by Mac based studios and that is there protocol. And why in the world would the "kings of kings" be necessary for a single stereo file being transmitted one way? i use a Mbox that is usb1.1 and it will work fine with multiple configurations. USB 2.0 is still the fastest medium commonly used in audio recording (besides the only firewire800 product i know of the RME Fireface 800 which i might add is a sick item and it is what i hope to get). i bet a new version of usb comes out that will surpass the firewire800 that is how it works in this business, design a 10Mhz processor and a 2TB HD but create a alliance with your competitors to stretch out the technology creating a buffer for R&D and higher profit!i am not trying to start a debt but i didn't want some noob who knows less about computers then they do production to think your post meant that usb was some highly inferior protocol that

this product isn't for everyone but i figured it would be helpful for the "ITB/FL producers" out there who don't have any studio quality outboard gear and are using a soundblaster and Altec Lansing "monitors" but want to sample vinyl.

firewire has shown less latency in most cases and i feel that usb still has some bugs to it as far as music production is concerned. Its good but i just feel firewire is superior. To be honest i really feel the only reason that usb is becoming more of the standard is because standard pcs dont come with firewire

Back