E-Digging Youtube

MaxPowerkx

ST.will
New to music producing and have never sampled before. I've heard from some sources that Youtube is a viable way to pull samples from, but I have no idea how to download music files from Youtube, or how to convert them into a usable form for sampling.

Any help would be appreciated because I want to practice sampling on the next beat I make.

Yea youtube is really good for samples - its just like going to the record store but of course the quality is not the same as real vinyl.

Check out this page that has youtube vids and flp files for sampling but just boombap and soulful type samples

Boombap Soul Beats

Use Audacity to sample from youtube. You can listen, and capture only the parts you want just like when sampling from an external source.
Just DL it, and Google how to record directly into Audacity, and presto you have the ultimate online sampling machine with no downloading needed. Just real time recording!

i downloaded a free program called audacity
you can set it up to record sounds coming out of your speakers
so when you play the youtube video, just hit record it audacity
and it records the song while it's playing off the video
then you push stop on audacity when the song is over
and save the file as a wav
when you play the youtube video make sure you change the youtube video to highest quality

youtube got all the samples people used already but there are so many records which havent been sampled or not put up on the internet .. the producers of the past fell back on the diggin cause music production got easier as time went on -now producers are laptop producers .. but what ive discovered because of the lack of diggin .. so many dope samples are flyin across the country jus check northern soul 45's - reggae - on ebay .. if you can get a sound clip - alot of those records were right here in the usa - now they gone - its kool but fyi - hip-hop beats the whole art of diggin is gonna reappear even stronger oversees ..

This isn't youtube related if you are looking for solid samples head over to vinyl lfrontier, progressive reviews, mr weird and whacky. Also what.cd is great place for some of the internets best music. Otherwise youtube to mp3 is what you are looking for

Back