E-Digging!

This is a really interesting topic because everyone seems to have different techniques! I personally go on Spotify and search a few well known artists and then use the 'discover' feature to find similar artists, it's really useful for me because I don't sample vinyl seeing as the nearest record store for me is 2 hours away! I'd love to hear other peoples ideas too :D

Yeah i know what you mean, i respect the process of actual crate digging but sometimes its easier to just download a couple files in stead of driving to store and picking out records. i might just be lazy though lol

This is a really interesting topic because everyone seems to have different techniques! I personally go on Spotify and search a few well known artists and then use the 'discover' feature to find similar artists, it's really useful for me because I don't sample vinyl seeing as the nearest record store for me is 2 hours away! I'd love to hear other peoples ideas too :D

I do the same...but start my search with less popular guys.

Thoughts: i think u gotta do what u gotta do...
i dnt really have the problem of no record stores... i stay like 5 mins from d.c n everything around is ja urban so its not to difficult to find one while ridin the metro... not to mention thrifts shops all around
I have what u call a.... monetary problem....
-no usb tt yet...

as far as blogs n youtube channels....
i already feel like everyone uses them... so when i get a hot sample i figure half the niggas on fp got it from the same place...lls
-just a complex i have since e-diggin
So i cnt drop names...

Yeah I don't go on any blogs or any youtube pages dedicated to vinyl or sampling either! I want something original that no one has sampled before.

Thoughts: i think u gotta do what u gotta do...
i dnt really have the problem of no record stores... i stay like 5 mins from d.c n everything around is ja urban so its not to difficult to find one while ridin the metro... not to mention thrifts shops all around
I have what u call a.... monetary problem....
-no usb tt yet...

as far as blogs n youtube channels....
i already feel like everyone uses them... so when i get a hot sample i figure half the niggas on fp got it from the same place...lls
-just a complex i have since e-diggin
So i cnt drop names...

im guessing everyone uses vinyl frontier?

^^^Lol, Everyone doesn't even use spotify.

This is irony. I was just disgusted by some cat in another thread using whosampled.com to find already used samples again...but I will kill spotify, pandora, iheart radio, xfm, iTunes or even amazon to find an artist who makes cool music and then click on "similar artists" or channels that host the songs to find hidden jems.

I guess a real "digger" can see me the same way as I see the ladder.

But I'm still finding shyt the next guy has no access to without searching. In my defense, lol.

Last edited:
lls... when i followed the link i noticed n the right hand corner i had it bookmarked already...
One thing i will give away is soulseek... its a helova tool...

I went to vinyl frontier and only got linkbuck broken links. Anyway, I'm still reluctant to sample mp3s. I'm a purist so I prefer vinyl.

I just kind of search of obscure things. Sometimes I don't even have to look.

The other day we were watching a video about the Amish in class, and this really amazing choir came on. I used shazaam to find out what it was and I made crossfaded the shit out of it and then added bass and drums. It is a really intense beat.

I use the spotify technique, and I will also just look up not well known artists on youtube and look through the related videos until I find something

I don't sell beats but I love digging on youtube. Start on whosampled, then go through related videos until something catches my ear. All these people ripping records are saints in my opinion. I would be happy as hell if I could go find and buy all these records, but of course I'm happy to get it electronically too. It's better than not having it at all. I can understand people who have had an upper hand by buying up vinyl being mad young kids don't have to do that to learn today, but there's no practical reason not to do it.

I don't get the whole competition idea either. There's more than enough music out there to go around too. Let's be real, almost none of the shit people do is good, let alone good enough to land on an album. Even if it does, how much of that is notable enough that a better beat from the same shit isn't marketable?

Back