Drum sampling

loop_digga

how do you guys get your drum samples? I occasionally sample breaks from other tunes but most of the time I just use drum hits that I've downloaded online, which are ok but nothing really good sounding. I was wondering if anyone had any better methods

to me theres a ton of ways to get drums u jus have to be kreative enuff to puul some stunts ya digg .. i love drums .. watch and listen to others techniques and munipulate it to ur own ..

Taking individual hits off of records is always a thrill. It doesn't even have to be a drum break necessarily- just an isolated hit of a snare, kick or other percussive hit. I typically set to EQ-ing and compressing after that.

I track down the last of the ancient underwater dinosaurs and put them in a large (40m x 40m) room with reinforced steel walls. Next, I play "Baby" by Justin Bieber for 6 days on repeat without feeding them. After that, I implant expensive (+$10,000) microphones in small woodland creatures and send them into the room to be devoured by the hunger/bieber-crazed dinosaurs. I record the sound of the bones being crunched into my DAW (Ableton) and provide the appropriate eq, compression, and saturation to the sounds, layering them with noises from past feeding experiences. Only after this has been done, do I begin to consider making a new beat.

I track down the last of the ancient underwater dinosaurs and put them in a large (40m x 40m) room with reinforced steel walls. Next, I play "Baby" by Justin Bieber for 6 days on repeat without feeding them. After that, I implant expensive (+$10,000) microphones in small woodland creatures and send them into the room to be devoured by the hunger/bieber-crazed dinosaurs. I record the sound of the bones being crunched into my DAW (Ableton) and provide the appropriate eq, compression, and saturation to the sounds, layering them with noises from past feeding experiences. Only after this has been done, do I begin to consider making a new beat.

Epic win!

Back in ancient times I used to make my own drums from household objects, like if I wanted the sound of snares I would put a noisy plastic bag over whatever I was hitting.

how do you guys get your drum samples? I occasionally sample breaks from other tunes but most of the time I just use drum hits that I've downloaded online, which are ok but nothing really good sounding. I was wondering if anyone had any better methods

Everyone has the same methods bro

They buy them
Create them
download them
Sample them

I sample my drums from vinyl or use multi sampled drum reason refills mainly reason drum kits and Disco School

Use breaks!! Most of these sample cds aren't cutting it. Id could recommend illmind mphazes kits. Bangin beats are pretty good. Start simple and layer. But nothing beats a break. They still going strong. LOL

Back