Drum kits from ebay

commanderdance

I know there are a couple people who sell drumkits on ebay. Anyone who purchased a kit from any of the vendors, tell me who has the best kits if you purchased one.

I don't want to rag on you, but why waste money on some wack drums. Get them off of vinyl, but ifyou don't havethe time or expertice. Check out a sample cd called Smokers Delight by Big Fish Audio. I'm not big in to sample cds, but that one actually sounds good.

dwells said:
I don't want to rag on you, but why waste money on some wack drums. Get them off of vinyl, but ifyou don't havethe time or expertice. Check out a sample cd called Smokers Delight by Big Fish Audio. I'm not big in to sample cds, but that one actually sounds good.

dude's right...just got my Smokers Delight today....

It was $100...but worth it.I'll be using it for years.

Last edited:
i wouldnt get drums from ebay dude. They probly have 100 diffrent sounds just repeated over and over all over the disc, and the drums arnt even original they ussually just rip them of some famous song

i bought one a couple years ago when i first started makin beats it wasnt worth the $9

look into soundsforsamplers.com and baninbeats

when i first got my mpc i got a zip disk for like 10 bills and i'd say it was worth it just cause when ever i wanna do a skelteton beat i can go on the disk load up a kik snare and some hats and lay a super quick foundation. then i add my own drums an all later. so there good for when you wanna be lazy. plus you can always stack them sounds with your own sounds and go from there. it was worth it to me. but i wouldn't get anymore than one.
oh and it had an ass load of usable sounds by the way. very little repeated stuff. also i sampled all the sounds out of my mp-7 an put it onto 3 zip disks. i use that for skeleton stuff an synth an bass parts to. so that is pretty much just like buying a proteus cd.

You better off diggin or searching for sounds or better yet create your own sounds. Do layering, eq, ect... Cause people on Ebay sell sounds that come from CDs they bought along with sounds they have downloaded free off the internet. They through up pictures of Dr. Dre, Scott Storch, ect.. just so you'll think the kits are bout ****. And when you receive the kits they have about 5 or 6 sounds by that artist. Its a dude on Ebay who sells cds that he say have Swizz Beats, Dre Dre, ect.. on them but he has the CD listed differently for each artist to make it look like its a different cd when they are all the same cd. The CD is actually called "Famous Producers" which I bought from a dude on Ebay for $0.98 and it included Free Triton Sounds, Hip Hop Sounds, and Voices. Now doesn't that sound like what that dude is trying to sell for 10 bucks?

You decide!!! And let me know.

There not worth it I bought one for about $10.00 too and it came with a bunch of useless wack sounds.

depends on whos sellin i got some hot mpc 2000 and 3000 drum kits plus sum ol drum kits from back it the day off ebay

any wack drums can sound dope if you eq them

Last edited by a moderator:
word to all that, like i said only use em for skeleton tracks then def. dig for your own an make em thik. otherwise you'll sound like every half assed wanna be this side of fricken g, ga , gi , g , G unit lol lol lol

i disagree with everyone whos sayin use em for skeleton tracks.

what i would do is to sit down sometime, and compile your own small kit, a few snares, kicks, hats, etc., from your vinyl. then you can use that from the beginning. this way you can start to develope your own sound by the samples you use, which hopefully wont be the ones everyone else is usin. u can then change the sounds around later, fiulter em, whatever, but it starts you off with something solid, because on the real almost every one of those kits is wack.

smokers delight IS dope though. thats what i would go with if you NEED to get one.

I'm in the process of putting together a monster selection of drum kits that are bad ass!

vrsatality: thats is exactly the same as using a set from a sample disk... that is what skeleton tracks are for. of course we have skel kits from our own vinyl but it also helps to have say a nice 808/ 909 kit an maybe some diff percussion sets... then when you've done that you can go find the more fitting samples for the track. the bonus of the disks is that you up your kits in less time so you can have more time to spend on the finishing of your products... right?
it's your mind that comes up with the track so you get what you put in nah mean?

the dude on ebay whos selling the primo,alchemist,mobb deep etc rip off kits has a few good sounmds , just email him asking for a sample and hell send u a sample kit, **** was dope, good enough for me, **** payin for his ****

Man, I bought a set of 10 cd's for about 15 bucks. Honestly, it was probably the best 15 bucks I could have spent. Of course there was alot of crap, but there was aslo alot of good things. I got of shytload of good kicks, snares, hats, and different sound effects. Some of them are dirty, and i Like it, it gives the music character. If you are using fruity loops, most of them are way better than the stock samples. With a little EQ and compression, you can get some great sounds.

I disagree because i bought dis one kit from dis dude for 40$,, had over 10,000 sounds. Even if they were repeated, you can use them as a source to make them sound different by usin software effects and what not. I use 1 of the Bass Kit's in every Trak i make.
SO i'd reccomend him if ure gettin s*** on ebay,, Dude's name is "PLATINUM BOUND PRODUCTIONS".

Smokers delight is a good cd. Also check out big fish audio ghetto grooves 2 for anybody that is looking for a lot of drums to start off with. If I'm correct they come with about 800 kicks and 700 snares and 500 hi hats. That should get anybody started in the right direction. I use ebay to get a lot of different sounds. Drums are some of what I get. Everything body is hoping to get 1000 good sounds. Most of these sounds just need some tweaking.

Yeah man, i just bought some kind of copy of smokers delight from some dude on ebay and its awesome....It has something like 20 kits or something but its awesome, i was kind of not wanting 2 do it at first specially since i would be using my moms credit card, but when i got it i was happy i did...got it for 18 bucks..if you are able 2 find this cd buy it or bburn it or something...Peace

Back