Does ANYONE know a place online to DIG FOR VINYLS?

MiguelTym

I'm 16 and i can't drive there, and i can't ask my parents. dose anyone know a place online (or a good seller on ebay) to buy good records from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Miguel,

Where do you live?

I'd say anyone with a good rating on eBay is fine. You can also look at Gemm.com, which has prices from $.25 to very expensive.

Discogs.com is nice too. The key thing with these online marketplaces is to use common sense.. Always check previous seller feedback first. If there is negative feedback, I go first for the negative tab to see if there are any "not received" complaints and to make sure the seller isn't getting critized about record grades. Don't buy anything that is said to be in bad condition. Don't buy if seller states visual grading only (not the way records should be graded as the grade depends on both how it looks and sounds).

Here's a guide to Goldmine grading standard, in case you haven't gotten acquainted with record grades yet Record Grading 101: Understanding The Goldmine Grading Guide.

Youtube is good for what I call free digging references. The sound quality is usually terrible though. Find a record you like, then go to ebay or google it to see where you can find an affordable vinyl seller. Here is a rare gem I found on the internet a while back. I was amazed at the talent of all the local acts. It actually exceeded my expectations:

Crystal Ball Records. Classic Hits, Oldies Music, Rare Records, CD, DVD, Doo Wop, 1950's, 1960's, 1970's, Thousands of Titles BIG BAD BAY AREA - Volume #1 - Soul

A seller wanted $2 grand for the Vinyl LP so I was forced to settle for the mp3 version for $9.99.I saved a few bucks in the process(lol). My beatmaking days are over for the most part unless I hit the lotto and have alot more free time or I would have never divulged this.

Last edited:
First u go to the top of this page...
look to the right... u will see a search bar...
Type anything that remotely resembles the title of this thread...
then hit enter

good luck

Discogs rules the roost, especially if you are looking for funk,soul, boogie, disco. Prices are what they should be and 99% if sellers are great. Forget Ebay.

I'm waiting on someone to fill this whole in the market go buy vinyl and rip it then sell the wavs online you would make a killing if you knew how to get everything cleared

Back