Do You Sample Yourself

Yep, I've bounced tracks in the past and made an instrument sample out of my own instrument tracks.

It works well.

sampled a few of my old recordings before on the electric guitar. didnt sounds too good, maybe its cuz I had only played for 6 months at the time xD but yeah I should try again now tbh

Yeah, I don't 'play' anything closest I got to really learning anything was guitar years ago, but I have analog keyboard synths, and used midi ones before. I've never really learnt anything properly except maybe looking up blues chords a handful of times ages ago, I just kinda play around with sounds, let it all just come to me and get vibes going that I'll record to my DAW and then sample to MPC. Don't really try it a lot at the moment as I'm really into just exploring sampling and digging.

yes its lot of fun,
last year i bought a crappy Kalimba in an afro-shop around the corner and sampled it through my fieldrecoder.
Then i brought everything to ableton and making lots of sampler instruments and a drumrack out of it.
I was recording the Kalimba in the bathtube cause i thought it give me a bit more flavor. Hit the bathutbe accidently with my knee while i was recording and boom there was my kick! i also sampled one E-Guitar Hit.
For this track i only layered one kick sample under my kick and used a snare sample, rest was selfmade. It was really fun in the making and i was satisfied with the result.

And here it is: :)

Back