do i need a mixer to sample from vinyl

Fatcount

basically,how would i ground my turn table when connecting directly to my comp without connecting it to a mixer?

Last edited:
u dont need one but its a good idea to have something for volume control i have a compressor for that

Not to bust your chops sonus but number one isn't a good idea and it's against electrical code. If you have a grounded service with ground wires run to all of your outlets (you can tell because they are three prong receptacles, usually) you should be able to get a ground off of your computer case just loosen a screw on the case if there are any and attach a ring terminal to your ground wire and then put it on the screw. I am not completely sure if the computer will introduce any noise or not but if it does just get an ground strap adapter from radio shack to plug into ground on receptacle and ground to that. I am unsure whether or not you NEED to have the ground for sound purposes but I have heard of it fixing some peoples problems but it is still a good idea to have the turntable grounded anyways.

jason176 said:
Not to bust your chops sonus but number one isn't a good idea and it's against electrical code. If you have a grounded service with ground wires run to all of your outlets (you can tell because they are three prong receptacles, usually) you should be able to get a ground off of your computer case just loosen a screw on the case if there are any and attach a ring terminal to your ground wire and then put it on the screw. I am not completely sure if the computer will introduce any noise or not but if it does just get an ground strap adapter from radio shack to plug into ground on receptacle and ground to that. I am unsure whether or not you NEED to have the ground for sound purposes but I have heard of it fixing some peoples problems but it is still a good idea to have the turntable grounded anyways.
not grounding will introduce static to the sound

jason176 said:
Not to bust your chops sonus but number one isn't a good idea and it's against electrical code.

It seems my humor was lost on you.

Picture somebody going outside and hammering in a tent stake or something in order to ground their turntable.

Amusing, right?

:sigh:

I probably should have put one of these - ;-) - in my original post.

Damn these internet forums.

Last edited:
sonus said:

It seems my humor was lost on you.

Picture somebody going outside and hammering in a tent stake or something in order to ground their turntable.

Amusing, right?

:sigh:

I probably should have put one of these - ;-) - in my original post.

Damn these internet forums.
its not ur fault people dont understand jokes or have common sense enough to know when u joking just do like i do ... promote condoms

Last edited:
jason176 said:
Not to bust your chops sonus but number one isn't a good idea and it's against electrical code.

What? Do you leave the house much? lol

Actually I am an electrican and its not that I have no sense of humor it is just that I have seen people do the stupidest and most dangerous sh*t and this one is on the list. I ain't some wierdo that doesn't leave the house but I do make alot of money knowing this information, well maybe I am a wierdo, albeit one that leaves the house.

Back