Dilla's Donuts Hidden Messages?

JehfreeBeats

Ever since I watched that Stussy Dilla documentary, I can't help but notice weird "hidden messages" within this album, in the samples, track titles, and random vocal cuts. I never noticed until I really thought about. Some say he knew about his blood disease, and he knew he was going to pass away soon, and with that being said, some of the stuff is ironic and strange.

For instance:

-on the "Workinonit" towards the end it sounds like it says "Save Me"
-on "stop" he made it sound as it says "is death real?" it also is ironic that it says "you're gonna WANT ME back" "youre gonna need me one day"
- there are 31 tracks, and he passed away at 32, is he sayin something?
-the song "dont cry", maybe referring to his mother when he passes, to NOT cry, "girl i cant stand to see you cry".
-the intro is really the outro, and vice versa
-i also noticed a lot of "dilla GOOO" tags, kinda trippy.
-theres two songs, one called "hi" and "bye", right next to each other, as his life was so short, it was a quick hi and bye???
- "one for ghost"??? sounds trippy lol
-another strange title is "Dilla says go"..
-the song "INTRO" samples a song titled "When I Die" by Motherload.
-"one eleven" samples a song called "A Legend in its own time"

Nevertheless, its just crazy how Dilla pieced together random stuff, that maybe isnt so random......i have a feeling everything about this album, Dilla had a reason for it...

are there any other ironic messages that you can find? let me know..

Last edited:
i believe he made most those tracks when he was sick, i could be wrong but i was under the impression that he knew he was ill when he was producing this classic lp...maybe im wrong but im pretty sure, good post!

now this is creepy, call me what u want or even make fun of me but no song in the world ever made me cry besides two can win on dilla donuts. I cride when i first heard it, idk if it was because it's so f'n good or cuz he passed but...lol

on the song "Last Donut of the Night" he sampled the vocal "I give to you". as if he is saying this is my last piece of work,and i am giving it to you, with love.

Think about it...crazy

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

i believe he made most those tracks when he was sick, i could be wrong but i was under the impression that he knew he was ill when he was producing this classic lp...maybe im wrong but im pretty sure, good post!

now this is creepy, call me what u want or even make fun of me but no song in the world ever made me cry besides two can win on dilla donuts. I cride when i first heard it, idk if it was because it's so f'n good or cuz he passed but...lol

theres something about this album, that moves you in a way, most albums can't, and its not all crazy, just random chops, loops, vocals. Its like a collage of his life. I always think of it of his life sumed up in his last album.

On "Light works" he chopped it the vocal, to make it say "Light up the spliffs" and we all know dilla loved the herb lol

-there is also a sample, "used to whip me with a strap, when i was bad", possibly referring to his childhood???? lol

wow it makes sense with the vocal samples...i always noticed that they sound kinda strange but never knew what they actually mean...gonna listen to the album a few times today

haha, man dilla was just to ill...

when i listen to donuts, whether im blazed or not, i zone out. I feel like if i had one album to pick to listen to the rest of my life and couldnt listen to anything else, it would have to be donuts...itd be hard not picking like 36 chAMbers or liquid swords or something but donuts just never gets old, its true masterpiece!!!

yea i agree with profit its everywhere u just gotta look...

hold on prophet, believe....

i must believe this prophet and he will be our saviour :O

Maybe I am looking way into this, maybe it is just coincidences, its just strange, because I never noticed it til I read it in a blog.
Then again, when someone passes away, thing like that just stand out.

you guys should let the man rest in peace.

How are we not letting him rest in peace??? Please explain...

You can find hidden messages in anything, believe me.

true **** this illuminati s.hit!!

j dilla got mad hyped after he passed away and that makes me sick. just a few noticed him when he was alive. i respect j dilla as a producer/artist but he wasnt THAT important for hip hop.

i dont want that dilla becomes the tupac shakur of us beatmakers.

Last edited:
who said anything about a conspiracy? I just think dude knew he was dying as do all terminally ill people and it was his way of saying goodbye.

con·spir·a·cy   [kuhn-spir-uh-see] Show IPA
–noun,plural-cies.
the act of conspiring.
an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

Back