Digital Sampling Options?

WBT

Thanks for clicking, I'm looking to get music samples from a digital source, convert these into MP3/wav files or record them on a virtual recording program like Soundflower and then import them into FL Studio 12 to make beats with. So i have 3 questions:

• Which online source would you recommend for getting the highest quality samples, like 320kbps or higher? (I'm thinking either Youtube or iTunes, but i know youtube is usually 128kbps)
  • Should i get the sample by recording the audio from the online source on a program like jackaudio/soundflower/virtual audio cable or by simply converting the audio into a mp3/wav file on an online converter website?
  • Should i sample by importing .mp3 files straight into my DAW or by converting the .mp3 files into .wav files then into my DAW for the highest quality?
I'm just getting in to sampling, so any help/advice on these questions would be really useful, thanks

1) Just high quality videos from youtube

2) Its better converting file to wav since its fl studio and you can do plenty of things with good quality wav file

3) If you're figuering out sampling techniques then it doesnt matter, but when you want to do a song I suggest to convert file in wav.

Stop worrying about 320 mp3 files, and stick t stick to wav files where you can. If you know enough about e.q. and other sound engineering techniques then you can get some samples ripped off Youtube quite nice, but stick to Wav where you can over 320 mp3s.

Back