**Digging adventures - post what you get**

Welppp I just got into digging and had almost lost all hope for finding a place thats sells records around me until yesterday when a friend told me about a local church that fronts as a thrift shop for 3 hours every thursday. Went to check it out today and picked up my four first ever vinyl records. Soooo excited. Needless to say i'll be going there every thursday from now on seeing what I could find. I'll post the records up in a bit soon as I take pictures.

I have a few of those in the pics..wont say which one has breaks but for the most part those are everyday thirft finds....your thrift store must not be in a "funky hood" LOL

8539820139_10d09e61f5_c.jpg
8539817467_9790e570fa_c.jpg
8540919142_1e5850e8dc_c.jpg
8539819391_34ae23139c_c.jpg
8540921104_d705717b98_c.jpg

Some of my finds from the last few months.

Yo I'm so glad that I rejoined this site. I took a year long break from sampling to focus on my mixing skills and composing original music and I just got back into it last summer when I produced this local rapper's mixtape. Looking at all these vinyl posts and glancing at my crate of records makes me so pumped to get back into crate digging. Just gotta get a new turntable and I'll be set.

Yet to buy a record player, but I've been picking from the dollar bin and finding DLs online so I don't feel too bad. Can't wait until I get one of my own. On record store day I bought a decent Seals and Crofts, some George Benson record that ended being a crappy 808 record, and a dope looking Norwegian fusion-looking record that I forgot the name of. I gave it to my friend with a digital turntable, he's gonna send me a rip soon so I'm psyched. Yesterday though, I was with some friends and we walked past a garage sale, and I found some good stuff for the 4 dollars in my pocket.

HpkQOYW.jpg
Classic rap record, figure it would be nice to have, and I'm digging the cover. There's actually a few things I could sample on here, plus it's a joy to listen to.

0zHwFr9.jpg

I had heard of Rare Earth before, and after seeing the cover, I suspected this to be my find of the day. It has a fold out cover, it's really dope. The tracks themselves are mostly rock, but there's some good car tunes and I found a few mediocre things to sample, along with something that I think has a lot of potential. Not that great, but a lot of the rock tracks seem like good driving music, so I can add a few to my playlists.
935521AD-3545-4D4B-9CAC-D6B9981C0247.jpg
I saw the name and cover of this record, and KNEW it would have samples. It didn't disappoint, the entire thing is just impeccable piano and flute with minimal drums and light bass. It's not moody enough for my taste, but there's some really nice loops, and I can get the effects I want with a bit of manipulation.

http://i.imgur.com/LDRXP9e.jpg (I can only include 3 files a post, sorry)
I almost passed this one up because of the boring cover, but I looked on the back and saw the first instrument was a vibraharp, and I knew I had to get this. When I first heard the record, I went crazy. This thing is so dope. It's all horns and vibraharp (reminds me of a more natural sounding rhodes) in nice rhythms with barely any hard drums. This was the best one I found, this is what digging is all about. This is a really dope record.

I really wish I had more money with me, the records were a dollar a piece and I saw some decent looking jazz too. This was a really successful second dig, I got these records for a total of 4 dollars, and after looking online these would go for about 20-60 dollars to buy individually online, in addition to all being pretty dope. I can't wait until I get a record player and can rip these myself, instead of having to rely on dls.

Last edited:
http://i.imgur.com/LDRXP9e.jpg (I can only include 3 files a post, sorry) I almost passed this one up because of the boring cover, but I looked on the back and saw the first instrument was a vibraharp, and I knew I had to get this. When I first heard the record, I went crazy. This thing is so dope. It's all horns and vibraharp (reminds me of a more natural sounding rhodes) in nice rhythms with barely any hard drums. This was the best one I found, this is what digging is all about. This is a really dope record.
You don't need to attach images here to have them show up on your post. You can use the img tags (insert image button -> from url) to post the image you uploaded to imgurl here.

ECM put out a lot of nice jazz records so definitely a label to dig for.

image_zpse21a753f.jpg

I drove 1.5 hrs today and picked these up for about $100.

---------- Post added 05-27-2013 at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-17-2013 at 08:58 PM ----------

Just got these for $15

Sheba baby library and funky latin lp

This is what I got for $10!!!!

All cleaned up and at NM status. Great loops / sounds on all.

Attachments

• IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
I went to a record show recently and found a pretty unexpected gem. I got the album 'With You I am' by Sister Janet Mead. Yes, you guessed it, she's a nun! The guy at the record show said I would dig it, since I was looking for funky rock sounding stuff. I thought maybe he was just trying to sucker me into buying something crappy, but I got home and listened to it and it's SO DOPE! Not really for listening to, but there are so many fat samples I don't even know where to start. If you ever see any of her music on wax, cop that shit!

Back