**Digging adventures - post what you get**

Picked up a few 45s today.

6280224245_0a597cf30b_z.jpg

6280744654_cd7d73b84f_z.jpg

still only a couple of months into digging so Im still out to get some classic stuff to add to my collection, not really for sampling just to listen to really, so I today I picked up some Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Tina Turner and some others..

But then I came across this
Persian_Funk_LP_cover_thumb_325.jpg

Regardless of how rare it is or how widely available it is (free) online to e-diggers, I'm still very pleased with my purchase! It's the type of music that I come into looking for samples and am unsure of whether I'll like it, but end up loving it and forgetting about sampling all together (there are heaps of dope breaks though)! It's also pretty interesting to hear a foreign take on a Western Music style which i like.

But straight up I just had to tell ya'll how pleased I am with this lol. I mean isn't this why we (most of us) digg for records in the first place, to find music we enjoy listening to. and really sampling this is just a bonus.

Anyway enough with my rant
Peace!

2n8znds.jpg

wasn't much to pick from...

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

that Quincy Jones has some a few things on there im gonna flip.

I would like to find a lot of jazz records and spice up a track...urban music ain't dead

records

Just found these in the garbage.... plenty of others as well! a man's trash could be another's treasure as they say.

Last edited:
80s music is something that takes a bit of understanding and relateablility. kind of like mainstream music of today. For a guy like me I am 28 years old came up on G Funk and other 90s music. When I hear Drake get all the love and accolades he gets when I know in my heart he is not a better rapper than say Redman it used to mess my head up. But I realize that when I was 16 I could probably relate more to the things Drake says than I could Redman who I just thought was cool.

80s music is something that takes a bit of understanding and relateablility. kind of like mainstream music of today. For a guy like me I am 28 years old came up on G Funk and other 90s music. When I hear Drake get all the love and accolades he gets when I know in my heart he is not a better rapper than say Redman it used to mess my head up. But I realize that when I was 16 I could probably relate more to the things Drake says than I could Redman who I just thought was cool.

I'm 26 and listened to it too, but when making beats i kinda of transitioned and fell more for the 70s music which was live instrumentation. I think that 80s stuff just sounds so "programmed" and synthetic to my ears. It became hard for me to enjoy/sample 80s stuff because it was so synthy. I mean, I can listen to some of it, but even Marvin Gaye's stuff from the 80s looses its appeal to me. I love Alexander O'Neal, but the beats make me want to gag coming from a sampler's perspective. I'm trying to accept it though. I found a Kool Moe Dee snare I'mma try and tweak. We'll see how it goes. With over 500 plus singles from the 80's I better make it work.

I'm 26 and listened to it too, but when making beats i kinda of transitioned and fell more for the 70s music which was live instrumentation. I think that 80s stuff just sounds so "programmed" and synthetic to my ears. It became hard for me to enjoy/sample 80s stuff because it was so synthy. I mean, I can listen to some of it, but even Marvin Gaye's stuff from the 80s looses its appeal to me. I love Alexander O'Neal, but the beats make me want to gag coming from a sampler's perspective. I'm trying to accept it though. I found a Kool Moe Dee snare I'mma try and tweak. We'll see how it goes. With over 500 plus singles from the 80's I better make it work.
I hear you I am kind of the same way. The 50s and 60s have an appeal also that the 80s don't. But there is some stuff from the 80s that I really like too. I don't always sample and I love synths so for me some times the drums from the 80s or a random sound here or there just work well. Well depending on what you plan to sample. Example I wouldn't sample hip hop drums. They are just too processed for me. I saw your post on the mpc-forums and saw that you do and if it works run with it. Everyone has their own taste in sounds.

I hear you I am kind of the same way. The 50s and 60s have an appeal also that the 80s don't. But there is some stuff from the 80s that I really like too. I don't always sample and I love synths so for me some times the drums from the 80s or a random sound here or there just work well. Well depending on what you plan to sample. Example I wouldn't sample hip hop drums. They are just too processed for me. I saw your post on the mpc-forums and saw that you do and if it works run with it. Everyone has their own taste in sounds.

Yeah, I never really delved into the 50s stuff and the 60's stuff sounds to "thin" to my ear. The 80s does have some random sounds hear and there. I get a lot of shit for sampling HipHop drums but ohh well. It's crazy because the same people that criticize are the ones that have the Pete Rock kit and Dr. Dre kit, etc... which is just funny to me. I think that just like Premo uses Serato, its an earned thing. I know how to chop breaks from records and find breaks on 70's records so if I want to branch out and find a dope open drum break at the end of Kev Brown's Say Sumthin and rework that, I can do that. If I want to sample drums from Kid N Play-Gittin Funky from the single in my vinyl collection, hell, I'mma do that too. Lol. Some will know, but most wont. I've finally gotten to the point where I'm okay with all of that because in the end, its all about what I like. I really hate synths though. Lol.

i was at my favourite record shop today and bought these.. you know some of them? :)

peace!

Last edited:
Back