**Digging adventures - post what you get**

oh wait where are you guys from ?? that Minnie ripperton is an easy find and cheap to...Thats the prices im talking about doont sleep on Roberta Flack... The O'jays earlier albums have the heat on them. BT Express is just a plain Classic!! lots of songs made off that joint...

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Me to hahaha the Dramatics like the Dells have some incredible songs that have been used... I say used not flipped because most of them were straight samples no chop... So have at em boys!! but even the "GREAT" Kanye only re arranged "Diamonds are Forever" if you listen to the soundtrack you hear all the elements and the beat is already there...(dope track but it didnt take that much imagination) besides nobody really makes up anything its all sample based wether its replayed,interperloated,or whatever you want to call it...

It depends on where you are at I'm sure you can find almost anything in NJ not so much in some other places

hey X believe it or not i dont really digg in jersey sad to say its almost like NY in that regard... gotta take your talents elsewhere.. but there are a few spots here and there seems like everybody is an expert and they price the records like so...See thats what the net help create!! folks now have a place to look and say oh they like James Brown well then lets make this record 200.00 its crazy but thats why I dont sample again from BOO TUBE!! it kind of takes the fun out of it sort of like Cheating there I said it hahahaha.... YouTube - ‪50 CENT WEEKEND PART 4.wmv‬‏ by the way 50 cent diggs up...

album is OK, a little late for my taste (1978 I believe). Def an album everyone should listen to once though

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Today's finds (A few I already have but needed to mint up)

1-6.jpg

2-4.jpg

album is OK, a little late for my taste (1978 I believe). Def an album everyone should listen to once though

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Today's finds (A few I already have but needed to mint up)

1-6.jpg

2-4.jpg

You had me had confused for a minute. I swore I had seen that Blue Mitchell and Cymande before in yours. :)

what years are you into Gilson? I generally like about 67 to 77/78

65-75. I get into some late 70s & early 80s, depends on the artist/group

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

You had me had confused for a minute. I swore I had seen that Blue Mitchell and Cymande before in yours. :)

hahaha, the copies I had were damn good but both had a scratch on a track that skipped, so I needed to take care of that lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Brick is a band out of Atlanta Georgia, pretty good funky stuff... according to wikipedia they coined the term disco-jazz or "dazz"

Last edited:

I've been looking for that Headhunters for a while now. Never can find it around here.

hahaha, the copies I had were damn good but both had a scratch on a track that skipped, so I needed to take care of that lol

I hear ya. I get so pissed when that happens.

Brick is a band out of Atlanta Georgia, pretty good funky stuff... according to wikipedia they coined the term disco-jazz or "dazz"

It's got the Put It In Your Mouth sample. I remember I was scanning through it when I first got it and I didn't know it was on there.

I hate the weeks I can't dig. I feel like I'm not doing my part around here.

Last edited:
I've been looking for that Headhunters for a while now. Never can find it around here.

It pops up at one of my spots about once a month or so. I'll pick it up for you next time I see it and we can trade again

I ebay'd for those the survival of the fittest is $50 around here won it on ebay for $15 which is pricey for me but like Gilson said they are essential. Its funny too kuz I'm slowly moving away from entirely sampled beats and drum breaks (started making synth drums today made a dope 808 kick until I had to leave for work) I got a few more records coming with classic beats including but not limited to the Bonita Applebum break california soul think about it and ashleys roach clip funky president also

It pops up at one of my spots about once a month or so. I'll pick it up for you next time I see it and we can trade again

I'm definitely down for that. I appreciate it. You know my collection can't come close to yours though. :) I'll pay you for it if I don't have anything you want too if you don't mind. I just appreciate the help.

I ebay'd for those the survival of the fittest is $50 around here won it on ebay for $15 which is pricey for me but like Gilson said they are essential. Its funny too kuz I'm slowly moving away from entirely sampled beats and drum breaks (started making synth drums today made a dope 808 kick until I had to leave for work) I got a few more records coming with classic beats including but not limited to the Bonita Applebum break california soul think about it and ashleys roach clip funky president also

You had to go to Ebay for Little Feat?? I'm surprised. I see it all the time here and dirt cheap too. I've got two copies of that one. That's one of my favorite breaks.

I'd love to learn to make my own synth drums but I'm clueless on a synth. If you don't mind me asking where'd you learn or did you just experiment? I'm trying to find a good resource. It'd be awesome to be able to just create what I want instead of trying to find it everytime.

You had to go to Ebay for Little Feat?? I'm surprised. I see it all the time here and dirt cheap too. I've got two copies of that one. That's one of my favorite breaks.

I'd love to learn to make my own synth drums but I'm clueless on a synth. If you don't mind me asking where'd you learn or did you just experiment? I'm trying to find a good resource. It'd be awesome to be able to just create what I want instead of trying to find it everytime.
A lot of the time when I find out a record that has a sample I want I tend to check ebay and watch the item. I didn't feel like waiting for the money I got from selling that beat 2 weeks ago (the one I made a thread about) to hit my bank account so I hit ebay and got records. It probably would have been spent that way anyway. My wife says I can be mad boring kuz all I really enjoy are music, NBA and video games. Never been a sneaker head or a car and gun nut but I'm crazy about music. As far as making synth drums I'm still learning but I can make all kinds of other synth sounds just never tried to make percussions with synths until today. My 808 knocks harder than any other 808 I've heard/owned

Back