**Digging adventures - post what you get**

Hell of a find. Please tell me it's not a reissue!
Hahaha, I don't f*ck with reissues

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Horray for salvation is horrible. I am shocked that nobody told Bill he couldn't sing. There are a few nice breaks on it though

That's what makes it awesome to me lol

Copped that salvation army joint for 25 cents at a street fair here in Jersey the next time I paid 50 cents at one of my favorite spots!!!... I know these records can get expensive but you just have to shop around like everything else..of course the net has changed the game completely but for the younger guys that werent exposed to "all of hip hop" im guessing thats not a bad thing.. anyways its always good to expand your horizons as you never know what your going to find...keep digging I Love this!!

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

maybe on that joint but he did pretty good on yes yes yes... LOL and what about Cheech & chong on basketball jones??
These young guys not experiencing all of hip hop is an understatement. I didn't experience all of hip hop I was born in 83 and I know I didn't. I feel like I missed out on a lot. I laugh when people say the 90s were the golden era for example. I am not sure that they understand the golden era was more about hip hops purity as an artform before everyone got sued. After the law suits came it was never the same. If I am wrong please correct me.
LOL you and me both man. Well I try not to I did buy a reissue of Lyn Collins think about it on ebay today. I got tired of not finding it locally for under $100.

LOL you and me both man. Well I try not to I did buy a reissue of Lyn Collins think about it on ebay today. I got tired of not finding it locally for under $100. ...

Yeah, nothing can beat the original. But there are certain records out there that aren´t available that easy as an original. Especially private press stuff or unusual pressings (Roy Porter, Sahib Shihab´s sessions from Denmark etc) . Actually there are a few reissues on the market that are expensive too because of their rarity. I would buy a reissue under certain circumstances like rarity, official vs bootleg etc...

For example I have both Cane & Able LPs as a reissue. Not sure if it´s a bootleg or not. If yes then they made a hell of a job. Super clean cover and a nice sound. And I wouldn´t bother buying a reissue of Tommy Stewart´s "Bump And Hustle Music" (Very long version) or Lemuria´s "Hunk Of Heaven" (too name a few).

If I were you I would buy a reissue of Lyn Collins if you need it that bad. I mean you save a lot of money comparing the price to the original. And one day you will find it as a original pressing, probably for a few bucks in a garage sale or something like that. Then you have two copies. Who cares. :)

Anyway, prices dropped heavily the last 10-15 years. If I compare prices from 2011 and 1996...hell man, what a difference. Most of the jazz you couldn´t afford 15 years ago is "cheap" nowadays. On the other hand Modern Soul is damn expensive now. 15 years ago a lot of those tunes were way more cheaper. Or Spiritual Jazz. 15 years ago nobody was interested in it. Now you have to pay 100 bucks and more to get the good ones.

I paid 10$ for my Ensemble Al Salaam "The Sojourner" 16 years ago. The last copies on ebay sold for 336 gbp and 276 $. :bigeyes: Prices went that high because Gilles Peterson recommended this one on Twitter a few years ago. Now I would more likely to pay 20$ for a reissue than searching the net for a "cheap" copy.

Last edited:
There's a copy of Think About It on eBay now at $36.00 w 5 bids. Gonna assume it'll end up selling for more though

Haha. I hear you. I try not to if at all possible but if it means 5-10 bucks compared to 50-75 or more then I'm going the cheap route. I respect those that can afford it to pay that much for one record but I'm not one of them. :)

5793897885_1f90afbb47_z.jpg

Some new grabs. A few mail orders, some from local record store and flea markets.

Last edited:
Ya, I was talking about Think About It.
Hooray For The Salvation Army Band is typically a dollar bin record and I don't think it was ever reisssued

I don't know why, I never even checked this thread out! damn...

Anyways, I went down to this annual gigantic community garage sale here in Ottawa last week...got probably about 60-70 records all for 10 cents to 1 buck each. Here's a few I am looking forward to listening to...

photo (10).jpg

I swear everyone has that Minnie Ripperton but me and its probably her best album. How is that Nina Simone?

I swear everyone has that Minnie Ripperton but me and its probably her best album. How is that Nina Simone?

You're not the only one. I've been on the lookout for it around here for a while.

I'd love to find Back Stabbers locally but all I ever see are their other albums. That's a good album.

Back stabbers is a great album. I see it all the time around here.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

I haven't listened to it yet but i'll post up when I do. Love live albums tho.
Live albums sound great until you want to sample them lol. I prefer studio albums. Though hearing Millie Jackson singing the F*ck You Symphony live was great

You're not the only one. I've been on the lookout for it around here for a while.

I'd love to find Back Stabbers locally but all I ever see are their other albums. That's a good album.

This was the first time I was even able to find an o-jays record and luckily it's prob. my fav...one thing I can't ever find is The Dramatics...One of my fav. bands but i can't find any anywhere.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Back stabbers is a great album. I see it all the time around here.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Live albums sound great until you want to sample them lol. I prefer studio albums. Though hearing Millie Jackson singing the F*ck You Symphony live was great

I agree re: sampling live albums. Though sometimes it works out well...I remember flipping a few joints off the Commodores Live album amd really enjoying the ambience sounds in the final product.

just blaze sampling that live tlc song for "hova baby" is hands down best live flip ever imo

Back