**Digging adventures - post what you get**

I found that copy of Bob James One and it was $3 its funny too kuz it was at my favorite record store. I try to go there often but my girl hates on the place but always wants to go lol. This time I went solo and found it. Today was a good day. I also been looking for that Dionne Warrick for a decent price half priced books wanted $10 for it I spent $1 on it else where lol. The 45 is cool too. Its a Rolling Stones record called Honkey Tonk Women. The song sucks but it has a dope break in the beginning. Its rare too had a hell of a time finding it locally and even on ebay.

attachment.php

Which Bob James do you like better, One or Two?

What's that 45? break?
Oh, and what's the top right yellow joint?

I havent listened to any of the Bob James joints. I got 3 in the mail today also. You know me I got so much vinyl that I am still listening to stuff that I got back in April lol and dont you hate it when you buy doubles lol. I think I got 2 copies of Trouble Man but I wasnt sure if i had it or not and the auction was ending soon so i said **** it lol

I've been looking at that 'The Times They Are A-Changin' joint for a while by Bob Dylan... Was £14 when I saw it, pretty expensive on ebay too!

Check out the track 'Boots Of Spainish Leather' on it, one of my favourite songs ever.

$10... Damn that's some good going son!

Isn't sampling Lennon a bad idea? I believe he doesn't approve it and you can't clear the samples.

I doubt it's him who approves or disapproves for some reason. :P

Either way, if he's not going to sell it on a large commercial base, I don't think the owners will be too bothered.

Going to go diggin in the next few days, just waiting on wages!

I doubt it's him who approves or disapproves for some reason. :P

Either way, if he's not going to sell it on a large commercial base, I don't think the owners will be too bothered.

Going to go diggin in the next few days, just waiting on wages!
You've got a point there :D

But I faintly remember reading that getting that ish cleared won't be easy and that someone who has the publishing doesn't approve of sampling the works. Then again Badu apparently cleared a McCartney sample via Twitter, so you never know.

Last edited:
Don't think too many people here, if any, need to worry about clearing samples..

this is a $3 gem. So many classic hip hop tracks were built on this break. Weird though is that I don't think the 45 has the actual loop or maybe people just chopped the snare from the intro and played it into the loop but I thought it was weird that this version sounds close to the songs produced with it but not exactly right. Does anyone else have this 45 or have the LP? If you do can you clear it up for me?

attachment.php

Back