**Digging adventures - post what you get**

9 of the 15 records I bought yesterday on National Record Store Day. It was my first time going to that specific record store and it was 25% off all used vinyl and under every rack of used CDs was crates of vinyl. There were even more records in the back of the store, I thought I was in Heaven.

Why's it look like we're in the same room??? Lol...whats the 1, top middle??

Because I'm your neighbor and our houses were built by the same contractor lol jp, its Joseph Arthur's "Our Shadows Will Remain".

Oh ok, it's something more current, I was trying to place the cover but couldn't, cool.

Oh yeah, that contractor must get a good deal from Home Depot....lol.

Peace.

Oh ok, it's something more current, I was trying to place the cover but couldn't, cool.

Oh yeah, that contractor must get a good deal from Home Depot....lol.

Peace.

Wow, I didn't even know it was from 2004. I checked it out on Amazon after you said it was current. It still has some pretty hot stuff on it in my opinion.

Wow, I didn't even know it was from 2004. I checked it out on Amazon after you said it was current. It still has some pretty hot stuff on it in my opinion.

Hey, I dug the cover, but current, old, it doesn't matter, it what you do with it that counts, right.

Good shit, man.

Peace.

I got these 2 today in the mail I ordered them on ebay. I had a copy of I Am Music but sold it for some reason when I went though a phase of recording music to the Pc thinking it would save time when in fact it made shit worse lol. Velvet soul just looked cool on ebay but the cover is beat to crap. Either way Carmen has some good music

Not really something to sample, but I'm glad I finally got this on record. :D

I got Infra to sticky this he said if I find the other thread about showing your record collection he would stick it too but I cant find it anywhere if anyone else has the link he will do it

Last edited:
Was doing one of several craigslist checks i do everyday for records and finally got lucky. It's been a couple months since I've found a good hook up on there. This guy cleans houses for a living and found some records in the basement. Long story short he didn't have a use for them but knew somebody would. First person to call him would get them for free. Luckily I was #1, went and picked them up and also gave him my number for future situations like this. They are pretty much all classic rock records, I have a few of them and a couple I'm familiar with. Glad I have today off to check them out.

View attachment 28145

View attachment 28146

View attachment 28147

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Octopus is a great record. Hell all of those Jefferson Starship records are. If you can take the Styx record back though lol

Red Octopus is a great record. Hell all of those Jefferson Starship records are. If you can take the Styx record back though lol

Ya, I like Jefferson Starship, got some dope samples too. Styx on the other hand, not a fan of at all lol. Not something I'd listen to and the only dope sample on there Alchemist already killed. Ended up selling it and about half of these to Half Priced Books yesterday.

The song Castle Walls. Alchemist sampled it for Raekwons Surgical Gloves. Looks like it was also used for Freeway's Rap Spitters and Army of the Pharoah's Hollow Point.

Apparently Cam'ron and Jim Jones used the sample on the same song together and cam used it for the intro to purple haze

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

i just thought about it Ja Rule used this sample on Dial M For Murder too.

Yea that Castle Walls joint has been flipped so many times I think ALC finally killed it and it should be retired that Rae joint is one of my favs off the album im headed to half price this mornin i just got a call that they got 4000 new records in stock from a collector so ima see if i can find anything good

Back