**Digging adventures - post what you get**

This is what i'm talkin about Real Diggin goin on, Salute. None of that stuff ppl find on the net and act like their exclusive.

***side note, am I the only one who loathes the "flip this" posts. its cool to share tips and knowledge on records and certain artist n stuff like that, but just sayin, "hey man i have a dope sample, i want all you guys to flip this" is pointless to me.

Uh.... no..... its fun and its good practice.

i recently got a jimi hendrick experience for free! that was a dope score.

i also got this record called "the three degrees" got some pretty good stuff on there.

i also bought a sealed cti kudu grover washington jr for like 4 bucks.

i bought about 50 records last weekend ill take a pic and post em later

Bout to head to one of my spots now, hopefully I return with some goods.

This is what i'm talkin about Real Diggin goin on, Salute. None of that stuff ppl find on the net and act like their exclusive.

***side note, am I the only one who loathes the "flip this" posts. its cool to share tips and knowledge on records and certain artist n stuff like that, but just sayin, "hey man i have a dope sample, i want all you guys to flip this" is pointless to me.

I kinda agree but not really. I like the flip this posts, its cool to see how different people approach the same thing in different ways. And I get what you are saying about giving out dope samples but I don't think anyone is gonna post their real gems. At least I wouldn't, just cool little joints to flip.

I kinda agree but not really. I like the flip this posts, its cool to see how different people approach the same thing in different ways. And I get what you are saying about giving out dope samples but I don't think anyone is gonna post their real gems. At least I wouldn't, just cool little joints to flip.

Couldn't have said it better.
:cheers:

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Just got back from scorin some dopeness. Will take and post a pic of the "best of"

Thats some great finds man!

I only just started a collection about 6 months ago. The only place that sells records near me is a charity shop. So not much to choose from. But the other day I did find a "unusual" find haha. The Godfather soundtrack, but its french "Le Parrain" haha

great thread i hope this gets stickied heres my contruibution. nothing very original I hit the quarter bins last weekend and got these for $5 buy 5 get 5 free is a great deal. its not the best record store in town but I like it for chaep digs.

i like flip this forthe same reason but people rarely post their flips from what ive seen. id love for this area to become something more than heres a sample you can have but thats how people take it. free samples, drums or to ask about reason refills because for some reason they dont belong in the vst area

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

"Best of" today's finds
Mainly for my listening pleasure

View attachment 28076
you got some good shit Id love to see your collection. do you got a myspace or anything i dont think ive ever heard your beats

great thread i hope this gets stickied heres my contruibution. nothing very original I hit the quarter bins last weekend and got these for $5 buy 5 get 5 free is a great deal. its not the best record store in town but I like it for chaep digs.

that ac/dc has seen better days! i got a bunch of records with shit sleeves, eaten by moths lol, got em for free anyway! what you got in the rest of your collection?

I hit the quarter bins last weekend and got these for $5 buy 5 get 5 free is a great deal.

MAN, I need a spot like that!

you got some good shit Id love to see your collection. do you got a myspace or anything i dont think ive ever heard your beats

I had a myspace, but it got hacked in to. So now I have nothing lol. It's ok for now bc I'm workin on an album with an artist (medafORACLE here on FP) so all my beats are goin to him.
Don't know if I'll make another myspace, don't really see a need

that ac/dc has seen better days! i got a bunch of records with shit sleeves, eaten by moths lol, got em for free anyway! what you got in the rest of your collection?
a lot of soul. a lot of 70s and 80s rock. 70s pop. Im starting to get into Jazz and Psyc Rock.

"Best of" today's finds
Mainly for my listening pleasure

View attachment 28076
all those are very good for listening pleasure. good ear. i love the parliament record.

..aaaand i need that herbie hancock record you got there.

anyone found anything new?

and i agree this one should get stickied. or the "post picture of your vinyl collection" -thread.

Man to be honest Ive had a beat block for the past few days. I havent listned to any of that stuff I got last week except for 1 record that I made my last beat with. I got a stack of vinyl just chillin on my desk. I havent made a beat since Monday and I havent turned a record on in like 3 days

Last edited:
Hit up a flea market real early this morning. (Man, I'm glad it's getting nice out and the flea markets are starting to open up again.)

Here goes another "best of"

View attachment 28080

Was also able to pick up a box about forty or so 45's for dirt dirt cheap. Most are from mid 70's to early 80's. Artists include Rick James, Cheryl Lynn, Crusaders, B.T. Express, Brass Construction, Bloodstone, Rhythym Heritage, Johnnie Taylor, Stevie Wonder, Minnie Ripperton, Archie Bell & The Drells, Dennis Coffey, Undisputed Truth, CHIC, Mass Production, Dells and a lot of other goods.

View attachment 28081

Its crazy the shit you guys seem to find at flea markets...the only flea market around here has a huge vinyl salesman but he doesnt have any soul or anything good. It must be the area im from (RI/MA)....not very "cultured" if you know what i mean lotta corny shit. seems likeyou have to go south of here to really find anything good.....or just e-dig.

Its crazy the shit you guys seem to find at flea markets...the only flea market around here has a huge vinyl salesman but he doesnt have any soul or anything good. It must be the area im from (RI/MA)....not very "cultured" if you know what i mean lotta corny shit. seems likeyou have to go south of here to really find anything good.....or just e-dig.
the best records i find are on craigslist and ebay

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Hit up a flea market real early this morning. (Man, I'm glad it's getting nice out and the flea markets are starting to open up again.)

Here goes another "best of"

View attachment 28080

Was also able to pick up a box about forty or so 45's for dirt dirt cheap. Most are from mid 70's to early 80's. Artists include Rick James, Cheryl Lynn, Crusaders, B.T. Express, Brass Construction, Bloodstone, Rhythym Heritage, Johnnie Taylor, Stevie Wonder, Minnie Ripperton, Archie Bell & The Drells, Dennis Coffey, Undisputed Truth, CHIC, Mass Production, Dells and a lot of other goods.

View attachment 28081
that war album is great. I also like Trouble Man. I used to have a copy I dont know what happend to it though. And why buy 45s? I take 45s if they are given to me otherwise I dont even waste my cash on 45s I just get Lps. Are there B sides you can only get on 45?

that war album is great. I also like Trouble Man. I used to have a copy I dont know what happend to it though. And why buy 45s? I take 45s if they are given to me otherwise I dont even waste my cash on 45s I just get Lps. Are there B sides you can only get on 45?

Ya, there are B sides only on 45. I don't only look for those though.
I just like 45s, can usually find more rare stuff on 45 and I like to buy dance stuff on 45s for when I do party's/BBQs.
I'm just obsessed with any vinyl really LOL.

EDIT: 45s are DIRT CHEAP too. I got that box today for 3$. Can't turn that down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, there are B sides only on 45. I don't only look for those though.
I just like 45s, can usually find more rare stuff on 45 and I like to buy dance stuff on 45s for when I do party's/BBQs.
I'm just obsessed with any vinyl really LOL.

EDIT: 45s are DIRT CHEAP too. I got that box today for 3$. Can't turn that down.
around here 45s are almost as expensive as the Lp I also dont typically buy 12"s I may start though because you get some interesting remixes that can and should be sampled too especially 80s stuff

Maybe its cause i was just taught from that older era of beatmaking, but as with everything, change is inevitable.

but I definitely see your point, I guess flip this is just sort of the training/breeding ground to get your chops up --pun intended-.

Back