**Digging adventures - post what you get**

I hate when shit like that happens, jyri. For me, every time I see some nonsense like that, it's always records I really want ahahha..now I'm mad thinking about it

back in stride...

My sister passed and I just got my truck back so i was shut down for a minute...now Im back!! went on a digg last week and I will be posting what i picked up... Composing is cool and we all kind of do that anyway so its not so bad.. besides where did the music come from originally?? somebody had to "compose it" to me it dosent matter how you make it just as long as its dope and you like it and if the people like it then thats a bonus!! hey you gotta check those records carefully as someone slipped me a Perry Como joint into a Freddie Hubbard Cover and man was i pissed hahaha although i like Perry Como...

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Im headed to SC next week anybody up on some spots down there?? not sure but im trying to see some more areas like Memphis,Atlanta,NO,etc... I figure since im down there i might as well cover as much ground as possible...Its vacation people im suppossed to be in the DR!!! sad to say

Last edited:
img0281yn.jpg

img0282oh.jpg

img0283xs.jpg

Finally got a chance to dig over the past few weekends.

My sister passed and I just got my truck back so i was shut down for a minute...now Im back!! went on a digg last week and I will be posting what i picked up... Composing is cool and we all kind of do that anyway so its not so bad.. besides where did the music come from originally?? somebody had to "compose it" to me it dosent matter how you make it just as long as its dope and you like it and if the people like it then thats a bonus!! hey you gotta check those records carefully as someone slipped me a Perry Como joint into a Freddie Hubbard Cover and man was i pissed hahaha although i like Perry Como...

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Im headed to SC next week anybody up on some spots down there?? not sure but im trying to see some more areas like Memphis,Atlanta,NO,etc... I figure since im down there i might as well cover as much ground as possible...Its vacation people im suppossed to be in the DR!!! sad to say

aint shit for digging in NO. I was down there a few years ago for 2 weeks brought an extra bag just for records and couldn't find a single record store. Not even a good will.

damn NO is yhat wack for digging?? seems like there ought to be at least one good spot considering all the great music that came out of there.. or could it be that Katrina washed them all away?

damn NO is yhat wack for digging?? seems like there ought to be at least one good spot considering all the great music that came out of there.. or could it be that Katrina washed them all away?

I was there in 2007 and didn't see anything. Even asked on here to a few cats from NO and got nothing

wow thats crazy to me.. you know when you dont live in an area you always wonder what it would be like to digg in those places considering the history of music that came from there geez the Meters are from that spot... Okay it looks like GA/MS/and Bama...Im not sure but im going to look since im down that way I know I found quite a few spots in SC last time I was there..

wow thats crazy to me.. you know when you dont live in an area you always wonder what it would be like to digg in those places considering the history of music that came from there geez the Meters are from that spot... Okay it looks like GA/MS/and Bama...Im not sure but im going to look since im down that way I know I found quite a few spots in SC last time I was there..

Best dig spot I ever hit was in a place in Oregon that I thought wouldn't have any kind of digging. Now I will dig during a flight delay lol. I actually had an 8 hour delay in Denver on my way home from NO and made a nice dig trip lol

Where I live there are 2 diigin spots right across the street from eachother haha. One, Dimple, is more like Tower. They have cd's, dvd's, comics, records, novelty stuff. The other place, Armadillo, Is just music and some dvd's. Armadillo's my personal favorite, It's smaller and more of a hardcore diggin spot. They have records, $1 cassetes, and cd's. They buy a ton of records every day, and Sundays are 80% off day.

50 Cent Weekends teaser... - YouTube 50 cent weekends......

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

see where it all goes down 50 cent spot - YouTube and this is just the 50 cent room theres more an dude gets records coming in by the minute really!!! people come by with collections as you digg its crazy!!! but I love it....

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

50 Cent Weekends Part 6 - YouTube new vid peace...

Marvin Gayes music is dope but as for me ii like all kids of stuff so thats what I digg for besides i have mostly all of his joints anyway... and eric sermon really killed it!!!

Last edited:
Haha wonderful day, isnt it? :D Just outside my window there is a quite big street and last year some folks decided to make something called "2km jumble sale" unfortounaley last year i wasnt making hiphop beats.. but since a few months ago i am! And so this 2km jumble sale is right now outside my window so I have been out for like 1hr and found loots of awesome old LP's for like 1 or 2$ each.

Found some really old russian tracks and old latin melodies.. Going to get started right away!

aint shit for digging in NO. I was down there a few years ago for 2 weeks brought an extra bag just for records and couldn't find a single record store. Not even a good will.
NO being New Orleans? Never been in the States, but there definitely should be record stores at least based on Soul Strut's City Guide: Soul Strut : City Guide : New Orleans, LA

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Am i the only one that loves marvin gaye samples....
Do you mean you like sampling Marvin Gaye's music or that you love to listen to the man's music?

Marvin Gaye is one of the big names in soul music and definitely plenty of people love his music. And of course, it's been sampled a lot too..

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

New finds.

6116484094_cf03c18cf6_z.jpg

I was told when I was there that everything had closed done. Thats why i asked on FP so idk. I didn't find anything while I was there. And 2 is classic. everything Bob James does is ill

@Xabiton Of course I'm not sure how up to date the NO record shop additions on Soulstrut are. And the Bob James is definitely a classic, still need to get One.. Would like to bump into it on the field, but might have to resort to mail ordering at some point as I've never seen Bob James records other than Foxy in my town. Bought Two in Paris.

@Gilson Yeah, it's a nice record. Got lucky and found it in a local flea for only 4€.

Last edited:
@Xabiton Of course I'm not sure how up to date the NO record shop additions on Soulstrut are. And the Bob James is definitely a classic, still need to get One.. Would like to bump into it on the field, but might have to resort to mail ordering at some point as I've never seen Bob James records other than Foxy in my town. Bought Two in Paris.

Really? There's always a ton of Bob James stuff around here. Never One though of course.

Back