**Digging adventures - post what you get**

Thanks! I appreciate that. After this I really have felt blessed and gave me a new look at life so while it's sucked to deal with ultimately I think it is good. Don't take anything for granted. Plus hopefully it will give me more free time to dig deeper into learning synthesis since I want to get an Axiom to go with my laptop while I'm home and can't do much.

Synthesis isn't hard. Especially if you understand ADSR. Subscribe to my Youtube channel Ill be doing a series on Synthesis soon.

Synthesis isn't hard. Especially if you understand ADSR. Subscribe to my Youtube channel Ill be doing a series on Synthesis soon.

Just subscribed. Looking forward to it! I've got a knowledge of ADSR so hopefully that will give me a jumpstart. I've always worked with sample based sounds or presets until now. I would get overwhelmed when looking at a synth interface. There's just so much I get discouraged. I was afraid I would screw stuff up more than making it sound better. It's time for me to stop being lazy and working on making my own sounds. It will help me in the long run and give me more of my own individual sound. I'd like to have more freedom and flexibility with my sounds.

yo mannas, get well soon man...wish u the best, that pic looks like it was a hell of a procedure!

Thanks! Yeah, it was pretty rough. They cut out a piece of my skull to make room back there, shaved the top vertebrae and sewed in a piece from a cow's heart around the top of my spinal cord to give it more room in there as well so I guess my neurosurgeon is a sampler too just in a different way.

That pic looks like hes on some good drugs lol.

You know it! I wish the shit was stronger but at least it helps. It's pretty good though. Knocks me out most of the time which is good.

Two things on the way this week for me. One not related to digging but much needed:

DSC00816.JPG

Don't you have one, X? Do you like it? We moved about 2 or 3 weeks ago and cut down on room so I had to get rid of my 61 key keyboard and go to a 25. I was debating between the Axiom and the MPK and liked the MPK a bit better. Hopefully I made the right choice.

The other thing, Volume 7 of the Paul Nice Drum Library is out now if anybody cares. Great drums if you need some.

drumlibrary7_grande.jpg

Just subscribed. Looking forward to it! I've got a knowledge of ADSR so hopefully that will give me a jumpstart. I've always worked with sample based sounds or presets until now. I would get overwhelmed when looking at a synth interface. There's just so much I get discouraged. I was afraid I would screw stuff up more than making it sound better. It's time for me to stop being lazy and working on making my own sounds. It will help me in the long run and give me more of my own individual sound. I'd like to have more freedom and flexibility with my sounds.
Keep an eye out because Ill be doing the video soon but I haven't started it yet slacking on my part I know. Been working on putting more music out and getting better at my rnb swag. Though I think Soul music may be a better place for me or modern hip hop even though I really do hate modern hip hop.

Two things on the way this week for me. One not related to digging but much needed:

DSC00816.JPG

Don't you have one, X? Do you like it? We moved about 2 or 3 weeks ago and cut down on room so I had to get rid of my 61 key keyboard and go to a 25. I was debating between the Axiom and the MPK and liked the MPK a bit better. Hopefully I made the right choice.

The other thing, Volume 7 of the Paul Nice Drum Library is out now if anybody cares. Great drums if you need some.

drumlibrary7_grande.jpg

I had a MPK 25. Sold it to Guitar Center 2 weeks ago. Just saw it on the shelf today actually. It and my old Radium 49. I bought an Oxygen 49 instead and I am thinking about returning it and paying the extra for 61 keys. I have been going hard on the keys lately. I think in the past month I've made maybe 2 sampled beats but I am making a lot more beats while on the keys. I can make like 5 composed beats a day sometimes but I may not make that many sampled ones in a month mostly due to me looking for new samples and constantly digging. Now I am just constantly buying sounds and letting them download as I make other beats. But I really did like the MPK I just needed more keys, didn't need the pads, or the extra features the MPK had. I used the note repeat like twice in the 9 months I had it.

I dont know i saw those same records on you tube as the same group of records.......why don't you post somee those samples....I don't believe you. Dare I say PPPOOSSEERR.

I dont know i saw those same records on you tube as the same group of records.......why don't you post somee those samples....I don't believe you. Dare I say PPPOOSSEERR.

The point of the thread is your record collection not sample collection. Its also funny to call someone a poser for collecting records. I guess its because I think of E Diggers as Posers perhaps. They want to try so hard to be real diggers when they know in their heart that if its not on the internet for free they wouldn't touch it.

Why don't you go and dig up your own samples. This thread is about crate digging, not samples.

I paid $3 for it. I listened to it last night for the first time, I really enjoyed it, one of their better albums IMO

Need to build up 20 posts to show you my first dig from a while back now before the record shop I digged out closed. Sad really as I know I will never come across a place quite like it again, it was dark/dirty/dusty as hell, the owner sat in the corner in a black robe and long grey hair with boils on his face and you would walk in without even seeing him until you had to find him to pay. It was packed with records/comics and african ornaments, I can remember spending over 3 hours in there one day there were that many records. Then one day I went back and the door was locked, I managed to find the email for the place and he said they hadn't been able to pay the rent for ages and they had to close.

Why is it every copy of Call Me I ever see is completely fu*ked up lol. I have a fu*ked up copy and was mad when I heard Joell Ortiz's version kuz I was gonna make that like a year before his came out.

Good stuff Gilson as usual.

Went to a flea that was held a few minute walk away from my apartment. Picked up a few 45's and Finnish lp's I won't bother taking pics of (besides, there's a few records that were bought purely for sampling purposes). Found a seller who had some nice soul & funk records and they were cheap too. Not huge amount of crates as he was selling car parts and all that mostly, but still had some solid grabs in one crate. Picked them up only to notice that there was WATER IN THE CRATE. Ish had water damage as 1/4 of every record was in water. Covers were sticking on to each other as the moisture had spread on some of them all the way. Why don't people care about the stuff they are selling at least enough to check it's condition before putting it out there? Also, saw an old beard snatch a long time want of mine right before my eyes..

Last edited:
Damn thats terrible to hear Jyri. What happened to the other diggers? I already confessed that I went to the dark side (composing) but all that means is that I haven't been digging as much as I used to. I been getting new sounds. I just got Reason Pianos and Reason Drum Kits 2 refills. Other than that I have been sticking to the crates I already have and haven't really listened to. I still dig for drums and I'll flip an ill loop if I hear it.

Back