**Digging adventures - post what you get**

Ya, it's not the greatest record ever. But, I have an issue with having to have every record by an artist or group I like.

That Marvin Gaye is great, then again all of his albums are.

That Billy Cobham is wild. Def has a some nice jams, Moon Germs & Total Eclipse being my favorites.

4527591203_fa9dfa204e_o.jpg

My regular spot has been hella dry lately.

Ended up having a GREAT record store day. They had a killer DJ there spinnin some rare funk and soul 45s. Also had free drinks, hots dogs, a free CD and 12" single from a couple newer bands I've never heard of, and all records were 15% off, it was awesome.
There were diggers everywhere so the pickin was slim. Did walk away with these though...

View attachment 28124

Then, on the way home I noticed a garage sale that had some records sitting out. Stopped in and checked em out, ended up being a mixed lot of soul, jazz and classic rock. She wanted $40 ended up gettin em for $25

View attachment 28123

Ended up having a GREAT record store day. They had a killer DJ there spinnin some rare funk and soul 45s. Also had free drinks, hots dogs, a free CD and 12" single from a couple newer bands I've never heard of, and all records were 15% off, it was awesome.
There were diggers everywhere so the pickin was slim. Did walk away with these though...

View attachment 28124

Then, on the way home I noticed a garage sale that had some records sitting out. Stopped in and checked em out, ended up being a mixed lot of soul, jazz and classic rock. She wanted $40 ended up gettin em for $25

View attachment 28123
Today is Record Store Day. Im mad that westcoast record stores dont really celebrate this. And Ill tell you now that that Stanley Clarke album is a bust. I have it and got mad that I couldn't find any dope samples. I forget the album though but the only dope Stanley Clarke record Ive ever heard was the only Just Blaze sampled for Jay-Z Lyrical Exercise that piano loop is bangin

Ya, Stanley Clarke has always been kind of disappointing to me. For some reason I always think he's gonna have some heat, never the case lol

I'm surprised westcoast doesn't get down with record store day, seems like they'd be all over it..

well its a new holiday and it was started on the eastcoast. its only like 3 years old. I think in 10 years everyone will probably do it

Didn't get a chance to get out for Record Store Day, family obligations prevail, but I was in the vicinity of the Thrift Shop today and with the last $5 in my pocket, I couldn't resist going in & picking up a lil' something....I'm an addict...kill me. Anyway, I didn't want to spend as much time as I usually do, so I picked up the first interesting 5 I saw.

Peace

DigginPic3.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

The Marvin & Queen, i picked because of the fold out jackets, the Aretha because it's skinny Aretha...lol, the Joe Tex because I love Joe Tex and the Johnny Taylor because I love albums with full facial portraits.....lol.

The Aretha is a bust if I remember right. Ive had that album for about 2 years now listned to it once or twice the Marvin is dope though

The Aretha is a bust if I remember right. Ive had that album for about 2 years now listned to it once or twice the Marvin is dope though

You know, I already knew that because like I said that's the skinny Aretha. Aretha was at her best when she was fat....lol....unfortunate, but, true. But being who she is, hey, you never know, maybe I can get a vocal stab or something...lol.
As far as Marvin you already know what your gonna get...and Live, multiply that by 1000000.

Peace.

9 of the 15 records I bought yesterday on National Record Store Day. It was my first time going to that specific record store and it was 25% off all used vinyl and under every rack of used CDs was crates of vinyl. There were even more records in the back of the store, I thought I was in Heaven.

Back