digging

• Thread starter TrebleWitoutAPause
  • Start date
T

TrebleWitoutAPause

does ne1 have a list of the best labels for digging? i buy records sometimes at random and they're kinda corny. what are some good labels to look for? the only ones i kno that are good are stax and motown.

old jazz around early 70s on the bluenote, cti, or kudu labels

if you are looking for soul samples try philadelphia internation(pi) or a&m

hope that helps

juantoo said:
old jazz around early 70s on the bluenote, cti, or kudu labels

Thats exactly what i was gonna say. Good job homie. Buddah has some good samples sometimes too.

thanks for the shout JunkOne, diggin becomes an addiction bruh seriously!

Ohhh $#i+! Can't forget ECM, it's a jazz label, there is waaayyy too much good stuff on that one

Last edited:
Jazz -

Blue Note
CTi
Kudu
Verve
Black Jazz

Funk/Soul -

Curtom
Stax
Soul
Motown (depends on the record)
Casablanca (Depends on the record)
Tamla
TNeck
Stang
Twinight
Gordy (Depends on the album)
Salsoul (Depends on the album)
Polydor (look for mandrill)
Invictus

... Just off the top of my head.

lol yeea i kno mandrill, but they were on polygram. but thanx yo dat list wuz helpful

The best record labels are the ones you never heard of. I go to the flea market all the time and I ask them to show me the musicians that are on no name record labels.

not until you start asking for specific artists, albums, and songs...

just spouting off labels shouldn't hurt too much :)

juantoo said:
not until you start asking for specific artists, albums, and songs...

just spouting off labels shouldn't hurt too much :)

eeeh?

not really, I suppose...but you know that only lead the the infamous...

"What artist/songs should I sample"

Geez!

Seems to me like everybody samples the same old records! There's a lot more dope music out there other then American 70's funk/jazz/soul. That has been done to DEATH.

There is SO much great music in the world.

Think Globably.

Here's a link to a Dutch digger that has some ridiculous breaks/samples (you'll see what I mean!). Most of which are from Dutch artists, how sick is that?

http://stores.ebay.com/DA-REAL-BEAT-DIGGER

Pony_Slaystation said:
...There's a lot more dope music out there other then American 70's funk/jazz/soul. That has been done to DEATH....[/url]

Man,

That era hasn't yet and will never get old!

Bravo(1) said:

Man,

During that era motherf*ckers were so ahead of their time in terms of music. It seemed like artists were in experiment mode. That era will never die!

Sure, some labels had a better roster than others, but that still wouldn't stop me from collecting vinyl that's from an un-heard of label.

basixxx said:

During that era motherf*ckers were so ahead of their time in terms of music. It seemed like artists were in experiment mode. That era will never die!

It was all the coke!

Bravo(1) said:

Man,

A very true statement also...late 60s to 70s funk is damn amazing...not just funk either

Back