diggin?!

T

the truthe™

yo playaz, s'hapnin.
i been wonderin about this 4 a while now. why go diggin for samples??? i mean i like diggin 4 new dope records, but unlike most my joy is in the listenin 2- not PRIMARILY sampling of-the joints.
u can make a hot riddim out of n e sample man.
anyone see where im comin from?

I dig for records that I like and records that I want to sample. They're often the same thing.

I don't really know what you're getting at here...

I do buy the odd record because i ike the sounds on it to sample, but primarily i buy what music interests me and what i like. I halves the money i need to spend on music(well not quite) and makes managing records a lot simpler.

hey, finally a thread where I agree with the truthe™;) I got this friend who needles through records QUICK after he buys them...frickin' kills me. I have to actually listen to what I get, and if I happen to find a sample then great.

..I should add that this same 'friend' also happens to make fat ass beats out of records that are SO common it's laughable. This guy can make new beats out of stuff that's been sampled off tons of times...so yeah, digging isn't exactly what it used to be (when there where tons of open loops). What I wouldn't give to have started in the late 80's :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I also look for music I like in first place...if there's a nice sample on it ...even better!

i buy records of artists who have good samples, the record looks cool or records that look like/i heard that they have good samples

let me correct the maker of this thread, you can NOT make a hot beat out of any sample. I used to think so, then i tried, and it is very difficult to maek a dope beat out of a wack song

Back