Different methods for chopping samples?

j.sin

I want to get better at chopping samples up because i dont like to only loop about 10 seconds of an old record and throwing drums and a bassline over it. Anybody got and advice on what to use and how to chop samples a lilttle better to manipulate the original sample?

have you tried chopping up note by note or chopping up riffs and rearranging them? or stretching them, or echoing them out, or playing them at different pitches(notes and riffs) etc, etc.

Last edited:
shhhhhsh ya tellin the young lad way too much about chopping up samples.... the point is even if he/she chops them up you still have to find the time signatures plus you computer gets littered with wav. mp.3 rar. ogg. or whatever extension it's using plus....you got to have an EAR to ARRANGE note by note samples...he's wastin ya time kid tellin ya about how to chop them up I HEAR if you do it in pieces it comes out like PETE ROCK on the sp1200....maybe I'M Lyin...but what do i know I PRODUCE BOOM BAP SH*T... good luck with the hint ...oh 4 sec samples make better beats

Last edited:
i usually eat a nutritious fruit while making a sampled beat, usually mangos or oranges. and while jammin out on the keyboard or making unsampled beats, i'm usually drinking coffee. it helps me somehow, i don't know it might work for you, tell me how it goes.

Thanks for the reply fellas...imma take those hints and try to make some heat wit em. Propz for sure.

Back