DEDICATED TO GURU! A FP Beat Tape.

P

phillosophy

A remix i just did after i found out about the god passing.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://www.divshare.com/download/11115595-ed8

I felt i needed to make this as if i owed it to Guru.
All the great music he has given us now we should give something back.
I think FP should compose a beat tape...for guru.
If you guys want i will put it together.

ALL REMIXS. AND NOTHING THAT HE DID WITH SOLAR!!!!!!!!!

Maby this will be the first Entry.

Well...considering it took me an hour to make this beat....
I dont think it should take more than a month.
We could get alot of recognition from this.
I want at least 13 tracks....the only thing is finding the accapellas.

I'm definitely down. Got a lot on my plate right now, but give me 48 hours & I'll def have something for this. I too feel I owe something to Guru.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I call "make 'em pay," If I can find the acapella..Lol :D

Word its always good to see heads get together and create.

shit yo, can we submit more than one rmx each?

"
I remember when you taught me about skill & mass appeal, how caps get peeled; you always kept it so real. And I regret the fact I gotta write this rap- hell, just yesterday i was bumpin’ your track. But, you'll stay droppin' facts, stay droppin' the facts; even after the creator has called your soul back.
Your legacy remains intact, and nothin' in the world could ever begin to change that. Shit, all the tough times your songs got my through? the best I can hope to do is, give back to you. Warned me of the world, I learned to be weary of who I trust, cuz this trife life is tainted by money, greed & lust. It's a must, watchin’ our backs, you know the fuss; cuz cats be lettin' lead fly & artillery bust!" - booma_Musik

Last edited:
how about we get some new blood on some beats and we all bring that gangstarr vibe...jazzy and smooth...meaning original material perhaps some dudes can spit some of his lyrics and then make the rest the9ir own some tracks but original beats and once again...evcerything with that gangstarr vibe

so, so far we've got Philosophy, myself & escolo..I think a month is more than enough time for this..who else is down? we need like 10-11 more people, at least.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/752344015992d470/

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

rip guru

Last edited:
great idea, Guru was one of the greatest mc's of all time, and without any doubt, Gang Starr is the best hip-hop duo in history....if I find some time to do it, I'm down as well!....

Back