This is Crazy!

Mainboi23SX

My Man...
I was just at home one day. I knew my parents had some old vinyl records. But when my mom told me today that my Dad was a big DJ in South Carolina back in the 70's. My eyes opened. Then she showed me like 200+ vinyl records in the basement. And they have more over a couple of there friends house. THere's stuf like this old Bobby Womack album, to all Cahka Khans stuff, Stevie Wonders, and off the wall artists. Stuff people wouldnt even think off. I just need to clean some up. This is crazy man. I'm going to go to some flea markets and thrift stores around the way tomoorow to find some other stuff, like that colored Jackson 5 record. THat ish is so nice! Peace!

why did it take you this long to find out your dad was a DJ? I always skimmed thru my parents' collection but it wasn't until I was 19 when I listened to every song on every record. I still feel bad I was sleepin'.

I havent sseen my dad since I was 14 and I'm 18 turning 19 soon. They think I was too young to know. I'm trying to find a album he did with one of his friends. He was playing piano and bass. While his friend was doing vocals and drums!

Anyway it dont matter.

dwells said:
My parents are rednecks,it sux.

My parents aren't really rednecks, but my dad was a drummer for a classic rock band and my mom loves that music too so their records, if they hadn't given them all away, wouldn't have helped me a whole lot. It's cool that he's a drummer because I honestly believe the gene got passed down to me. Apparently, not my brother tho :D

Back