Cool edit to FL and then Finding out the tempo

T

Thought_Manifest

Alright, Im just getting up and running with FL and cool edit. I saw a great sampling instruction video on youtube.
http://beatmaking.blogspot.com/2006/01/jay-z-million-and-one-questions-remake.html

I thought it was pretty cool, but the guy didnt talk, so i couldnt really follow step by step (unless your not a newbie like me:D) He played the sampled version of the song and then he played the original version of the song it was sampled from. Then he 1. he chopped up the beginning portion of the sampled version in cool edit and then switched the samples to FL like super fast. (Im totally doing it wrong cause, Im taking like years to do it, and still cant figure out how to save it in FL.) 2. Once he switched the samples to FL he does something to find out the tempo of the beginning portion of the sampled track he used to chop up. I totally dont know how he did it, but a couple of clicks here and there, and then he says "loop is nearly perfect". I thought this video tutorial of him showing how he recreated an already sampled song was really cool, but not hearing what he's doing as he's doing it, kinda left a newbie like me still in the dark wondering what buttons did he click to do that stuff. Anyway, if someone could watch the video and respond for a newbie like me, that would be priceless:D I also put up the video cause i still think its cool to see.

I just skimmed the video. Not impressed the least. 2 Easier solutions...Get the instrumental. Resample the original song primo sampled, use the same MPC60 kit that primo used, and put your own flare to it. I always wonder how people on this site who consider themselves to be "producers" are so easily impressed. However long that took him to make, was nothing more than time wasted.

Back