clearing samples true or false

Fck da industry dats why i make beats for da underground. Where their aint no laws, just local hungry cats trin to get a deal. And a local hungry beatmaker doin da same.

datruth2836 said:
Fck da industry dats why i make beats for da underground. Where their aint no laws, just local hungry cats trin to get a deal. And a local hungry beatmaker doin da same.

Great attitude. Enjoy your stellar career.

is clearing really as easy as some of yall are saying?

ive heard that there are payments that have to be made even for clearing

clearing is easy when you got cash,but i chop mine up so im still lookin for some samples that i used

maaannn... as long as u chop it up and make it sound different u good... don't worry about it... it's like words in books... the author of the book copyrights his work right??? but he cant copyright the words man.... he cant copyright "absurd"... but if you do use that word and the rest of his chapter all together than u're in trouble... same with sound... the sound is like the words from a book......... thats the fun part about sampliin to me... i can do whatever i want.. ha ha ha ha ha....lol

i think that the person who buy's the beat should get the sample cleared not the producer

Any sample taken off a recording is meant to be cleared, whether its one second or one minute. However, I'm sure that if you were to tweak and mess with a sample to make it totally different to the original then no one will know. But most people take a sample because they want to use it as is (or with just mild processing) so for that you need it to be cleared - or be prepared to take a risk. If you don't have a hit, they (the record company and artist you sampled)won't (prob)trouble you. If you make a hit expect to pay - they can demand up to 100 per cent of the royalties - even if the sample is only a small one. Its the risk you take.

film_guy said:
Great attitude. Enjoy your stellar career.

I will. I do dis shyt for fun man. Dis shyt is a hobby for me. I already got a career which paid for all my equipment so i can have fun and make music i like to hear and bump in my ride. So dont get it twisted like dis is all I got cause it aint. My pay check dont depend on if I write a hot song or make a hot beat. Dats why dis music shyt dont stress me out. I could never get signed or discovered and it still wouldnt matter to me. :)

you dudes think too much and half of you don't know what your talking about...

its clear and simple any thing melodic today you record from a record then use it in a sampler, and it is what it sound like on the original it needs to eb cleared for public use (unles syou want to get sued, possibly)

drums nobody cares, getting sued over drums is like the dude that is suing Michael jordan for being a "look a like".

What Mainboi's trying to say is there's a difference between "sampling" and "sound design."

If you sample a Lauren Hill vocal, but process it to the degree it becomes unrecognizeable as Lauren's voice, then "no" you won't need a sample clearance.

If you sample Lauren's voice and use that sample as you recorded it, then "yes", you'll need to obtain clearance.

A good rule of thumb is this: Get a license or do not sample.

Mainboi23SX said:
you dudes think too much and half of you don't know what your talking about...

its clear and simple any thing melodic today you record from a record then use it in a sampler, and it is what it sound like on the original it needs to eb cleared for public use (unles syou want to get sued, possibly)

drums nobody cares, getting sued over drums is like the dude that is suing Michael jordan for being a "look a like".

Phonzeito said:
The drums from Grinding came from a Korg Trinty I dont think you can get sued for that

Actually, the Neptunes said it was from a Triton I believe in the article i read, but yes, they were presets:D

Back