Cleaning up Low res samples

N

No_MP_or_Triton

What's good people

I have some samples that are at a very low resolution and it sounds too muddy. I was wondering if there would be anyone generous enough to SHARE some information with me on ways to make them sound cleaner. I have software that will allow me to somewhat MASTER the samples but.... I don't Know much about that area.

I tried eqing some of them but I either took away too much or put too much in.

Thanks in Advance

No_MP_or_Triton said:
What's good people

I have some samples that are at a very low resolution and it sounds too muddy. I was wondering if there would be anyone generous enough to SHARE some information with me on ways to make them sound cleaner. I have software that will allow me to somewhat MASTER the samples but.... I don't Know much about that area.

I tried eqing some of them but I either took away too much or put too much in.

Thanks in Advance

Keep EQ'ing!..lol... maybe cut 4-5 db (maybe more) sweeping through 80-200. Maybe boost it sweeping across 2-3khz and up. Uh... beyond that, maybe try compressing it...

Remember GIGO... if it's a trashy sample, then it'll stay a trashy sample... why don't you try playing over it

"sweeping through 80-200. Maybe boost it sweeping across 2-3khz and up. Uh... beyond that, maybe try compressing it..."

Thanks for the help but... But I don't really understand Engineereese when you say sweeping what exactly do you mean, Is that a technique? I understand the frequency range, so that part you don't have to explain.

"Remember GIGO... if it's a trashy sample, then it'll stay a trashy sample... why don't you try playing over it"

See that's what I REALLY was trying to find out Good looks. I can't play them over cuz there breakbeats with sh@*ty quality. Thanks any way though.

I know cats peeped the post knew the problem BUT... either because of the name (you already know) or Hot Beat Envy LOL... And yeah for all My MPC and MV nuckas I use fruity loops and bang fiyah "No postin f@#k You Pay Me"!

"sweeping" is more or less sliding around the EQ Frequency you're boosting in order to find the frequency that has the signal you're tryin to cut... so in this instance, you're trying to find a frequency to cut the mud... so try cutting any where as low as 60-400... then you need something to brighten it up... which is 2-3khz and up...

And yea... if it's a garbage sample, you aren't goin to make it sound any better, your only hope is to cover up the bad parts and EQ the part you want to stand out...

and I have a MPC!!...lol

" "sweeping" is more or less sliding around the EQ Frequency you're boosting in order to find the frequency that has the signal you're tryin to cut... so in this instance, you're trying to find a frequency to cut the mud... so try cutting any where as low as 60-400... then you need something to brighten it up... which is 2-3khz and up..."

Coincidentally I was playing with the EQ on windows media player 10 and I stumbled upon the "Sweeping Technique" Your reply helped clarify what was I was doing Thanks!!!!!!

"and I have a MPC!!...lol"

I was hoping you didn't right after I submitted the post. The comment wasn't directed towards you at all(for the other selfish F$%s), Your a good person. Secretly I'm going to get an MP and a Triton, possibly a Motif Rack (that's industry standard sh@t). Thanks for the help I REALLY appreciate it. Keep doing what your doing like your doing it for T.V. and... If you want to hear anything just to see what i'm twerkin with PM me and I'll email you somethin hot.

One

It's cool... I still use FL to sample...lol.. MPC is strictly for drums... not that I haven't done entire tracks on it... but CEP and FL get the job done on samples...

Back