Cleaner Drums

pharrell88

ive recently, been able to save up enough money to buy more music production equipment, and as i was thinking i realized that what i wanted first were better, "cleaner" drums. all the kicks snares claps n hihats i have now are like too dirty for my taste, i want cleaner drums, a perfect example is darbuka, i acctually mde wav loops from da proram, and took one day too chop the sounds out, so now i have my own indian folder full of "clean" percussion from the darbuka program, i need that quality for my actual drums... CLEAN,

not that i hate eqing and compression, its just "eq-ing & zompressing crap, will jus make it compressed crap...

can someone pleeze tell me how i can get better sounding drums? drum cds? VST? secret?

Last edited:
pharrell88 said:
ive recently, been able to save up enough money to buy more music production equipment, and as i was thinking i realized that what i wanted first were better, "cleaner" drums. all the kicks snares claps n hihats i have now are like too dirty for my taste, i want cleaner drums, a perfect example is darbuka, i acctually mde wav loops from da proram, and took one day too chop the sounds out, so now i have my own indian folder full of "clean" percussion from the darbuka program, i need that quality for my actual drums... CLEAN,

not that i hate eqing and compression, its just "eq-ing & zompressing crap, will jus make it compressed crap...

can someone pleeze tell me how i can get better sounding drums? drum cds? VST? secret?

Sites like
www.mpcsounds.com/soundsets-cd_zip_floppy.php

I really like the Korg Triton's drums if you can spend that much $$, but also you should have the Roland standards also...808, 909, 606...theres also a 707 kit I think but the first 3 are the ones used most often. Nice clean drums there. (Also Drum sample CD's, but you have to listen through them all...I wouldn't be looking at mp3's for my best drums, just as a last resort.)

Back