clean bassline in sample?

Consern

yaooo im kinda stuck into figuring out how to keep the bassline in the sample more clean and "potent". I usually layer my own bassline over the sample, and polish it up after that.. but i wanna switch things up and i want the bassline of the sample to sound more clean without me having to layer it with my own bass-vst... but how would i go about? would i need to layer the sample and low pass filter it and eq and all that other stuff... or can i do it with one track and eq all the lows, mids and highs of that sample manually?

any tip can helppp a brother, thanks

Last edited:
Usually if u want to have the samples baseline u would still create 2 tracks and mix them differently....just add a lowpass filter on the bass track and the boost the low frequencies 80-200 would do, easier to mix and master and just overall easier if u have bass and main sample on 2 different tracks....I don't really understand what its your saying but ye...hope that helps.

They way to get the bass to sound clean is to filter everything from 200 hz and up out. Copy the sample to another track that way you can filter the bass out one of them and use the other for your sample sound. Try a Maxx bass plugin, that might help smooth the bass out, or even a compressor may help do the trick. Hope this helps out... Peace

Have you considered having a bassist replicate the bassline on either bass guitar or synth bass? That way, you'd have a clean isolated version of the actual bassline that you could apply however you want. I do that sort of thing a lot on my Fiverr gig. Check me out on Fiverr and let's see if i can't help you out.

Have you considered having a bassist replicate the bassline on either bass guitar or synth bass? That way, you'd have a clean isolated version of the actual bassline that you could apply however you want. I do that sort of thing a lot on my Fiverr gig. Check me out on Fiverr and let's see if i can't help you out.

Thats a good option if you have the resources to do so but for the most part just filtering and EQ should give you some pretty decent results based on the sample your using, some are tougher to eq than others obviously.

Back