Chopping ur own drum and bass lines?

PintoDaWop

How do u guys do it exactly? Just chop em out the track bit by bit? I know how to chop particular loops I want to use for a sample but im not very experienced with small chopping of just certain drums, sounds and bass lines etc.

How do u guys do it? Just curious to know, maybe I can learn something :D

might find something useful here

chopping samples - YouTube

also i know you probably like to sample but if you can record your own anytime youll have alot more control of the sounds you use, record everything around you pots and pans, cups, keys, coins, everything and anything just an idea .

Last edited:
How do u guys do it exactly? Just chop em out the track bit by bit? I know how to chop particular loops I want to use for a sample but im not very experienced with small chopping of just certain drums, sounds and bass lines etc.

How do u guys do it? Just curious to know, maybe I can learn something :D

Well when i used to do it, havent done it in awhile, I would open in cool edit pro and edit the loop or break. Then i may import into recycle, slice it up and dump it into a folder and arrange there.

I took a bassline 1 time and that was actually the basis of the whole song.lol

Sounds, I have some fx and vocal stabs, but i did it the same way as the drums. Cut, slice, and edit!

#Trilltrax

There are lots of different ways to sample bass hits and drums. Kanye takes loops and just loops them at full range. In the 90s most people would loop a part of a song and run a low pass filter on it to eliminate everything but the bass parts. Some people chop one bass note at full range and spread it across their keyboard and play it back over the sample. All of these things work well. I have used each technique and I tend to find that each one has its own place in my music depending on what I am doing in said track.

There are lots of different ways to sample bass hits and drums. Kanye takes loops and just loops them at full range. In the 90s most people would loop a part of a song and run a low pass filter on it to eliminate everything but the bass parts. Some people chop one bass note at full range and spread it across their keyboard and play it back over the sample. All of these things work well. I have used each technique and I tend to find that each one has its own place in my music depending on what I am doing in said track.

Yo X, since you mentioned it, when going for that low end theory/low passing sound, did they used to filter via the eq on their dj mixer or did they have to wait until it was in the 950 and filter it there? Im thinking about getting a new dj mixer if it'll give a good low end sound before it hits the sampler.

Back