chopping techniques

drought

hey fp quick question about chopping samples. i know that producers chop samples on the beats of the songs like on the kicks or snare. but my question is how else do producers chop samples instead of just chopping on the drums on the sample? any help would be great thanks

I chop by note divisions. I count the rhythm of the sample, then cut by 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, or even by triplets if I have a specific rhythmic idea in mind. This works pretty much even for music without drums.

I chop by note divisions. I count the rhythm of the sample, then cut by 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, or even by triplets if I have a specific rhythmic idea in mind. This works pretty much even for music without drums.

hey thank you so much for answering my question but im still new to producing with samples, so i was wondering if u could elaborate a little more. when you count the rhythm do u mean the drums or bass line or both? also when you say cut by 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, or even by triplets . what do u mean by that? sorry for newbie question

Back