Chopping and Slicing Samples

T

Ty08

wat is chopping and sampling?? and another thing is that when u chop up the sample what do chop it in to bars or beats????

ill help you out before you get BASHED by half the site telling you to use the search. sampling is taking somthing(drum hit,horn stab) from an already recorded source and using it to make your own music. when you chop your sample(im guessing you want to loop) you have to chop it so that it matches with the tempo of the song you are trying to create. tell me what equipment you are using and i can help you out more.

Sampling is taking an a premade song or melody and remaking it diffrent chopping is one of the process a user can use to sample a song...
Alot of words have double meanings so Im not going to answer part 2 of your question sorry

i am using fl studio 6 xxl producer edition and adobe audition 1.5

thanks man

chopping isnt a process to sample chopping is just really truncating it.Chop is usually used to expain slicing it by bars though

there are many tutorials on sampling with FL do a search on youtube*com

do you think some one can explain to me how to get it on tempo so my claps would match my sample...i use adobe audition 1.5

Back