Chopping samples while they're playing in FL Studio?

Sidetrack'd

How do you chop a sample while it's playing in FL Studio? Not really concerned which plug-in is being used, Edison, Slicex, etc. I just want to be able to chop a sample while it's playing rather than add markers manually.

I think you can just load up the song into Slicx play it and while it plays just hit the "set marker" button or M

Actually figured out how to do it shortly after I posted the thread. If you hit the add marker button above the sample in Edison, that'll work. Appreciate the reply though.

is there a way in FL to get it to automaticly(sp?) chop it (or put the marker) on the highest peaks (drums/snares) coz that can take the piss to do when you want someone done but it doest quite fit on the tempo

To improve accuracy you should look for a way to reduce the playback speed while you tap in, I used to do this when using a similar technique with a hardware sampler back in ancient times.

the easiest and most reliable way for me is to use edison first and get the loop u want from a song... 4 bars, 2 bars etc... then load that bad boy into fl slicer and set the slices to either slice by peaks or by bars.... peaks are more for single hits... bars let u chop and keep the time measurement

Back