Chopping samples with slicex

shin0bi

Ok so I encountered a problem to which I couldn't find an answer in slicex tutorials so figured I'd ask here. I been working on this beat where I want to chop about 10-12 parts that follow up on eachother in 1/2 bar chops. Now when I put the chops into the pattern and try to play them after each other the first few chops sound ok, but after about 5 or 6 the chops dont really follow up on each other anymore and I get a brief pause in between them. Im guessing this is because the chops arent 100% the same length altho they come really close. Is there any way to solve this? Could it be because of my tempo? Any help is appreciated! I could send you my flp file so you can look at the chops to get a better understanding of what I mean

That's a probelm I also see quite very, only solution is too basically take time and make sure everything's well, 100% on beat or at least not having that much of a space lol.
Happens most when zero crossing isn't in use.

Does that mean that I'd have to use the same tempo on my beat as in the original sample for the bars to flow to eachother or will I be able to use a diff tempo as well?

Ok I think I know the underlying problem, autodump works fine when playing the samples after each other, but when I mess with the pitch in slicex, thus speeding up the chops, the pattern messes up... how can I solve this

yeah it's the same thing but it dosent have that choppy sound when you turn the tempo up so it should do the job spot on for what you want it to do give it a try mate.

Used to use slicex and that's because it's being dumped to midi. I fyou want a sound from slicex to be alright then you'd have to get at it manually and timestretch it no other way.

Thanks guys, Slicer worked way better for me. Is there any way to adjust the slicer so that it plays chops after just pressing the button, instead of holding the button for as long as you want to play the chop? I know Slicex and fpc have those options

Back