Chopping samples into beats in FL Studio Edison

StanleySteamer

Hey guys I am wondering how I can chop a sample into beats on FL Studio Edison? I have a sample that has drums in it and no matter how much I off time snap the grid and adjust the drums they just don't hit right. I need to chop it all into individual beats and time stretch them all by 1 beat but I am having difficulty understanding how to do it and the time signature of it all like how many of those rectangles going up and down in the edison do I need to highlight to measure 1 beat and how many of those make up a bar and what not. Any advice would help thanks

Fl Studio - Slicex
Use Slicex. Its Edison for sampling.. count your beats and just add markers(Wave editor).

Zoom in and place right em before the peaks.

Make sure you turn off auto dump(Master Panel).

Thanks for the response! Could you go a little more into depth? I've been using the Edison to take out parts of songs I like, like 1 bar loops or 4 bars or whatever. Currently I have a 4 bar sample that I took using edison and no matter how many ways I adjust the kicks that I have add myself, they never are quite perfectly on time with the samples kicks. I am trying to chop my sample 4 bar loop into beats so I can time stretch them to 1 beat and have them perfectly in time with the sequencer for the drums. Is there a way I can do this with the slicex or edison?

Slicex - Wave Editor <------ Reference (Click)

Make sure Auto-Dump is off

Just slap the sample in

Play, Count what you want, then place markers.
edison_button_markers.gif
Add / remove marker / region

Then zoom in and make sure your marker is very precise(Use mouse wheel)

Next, change to Master pitch to match tempo. (Master Panel)

Then use your MidiKeyboard or keyboard to play it out.

(ALTERNATIVE!!) Or, Right click your Marker region(Turns Red/Highlighted right?). Then
edison_button_drag.gif
Drag / copy sample / move selection - Left-click and drag the button (yes the button) to the desired location.

"
The selected region in the Sample Edit Window (or whole sample if no selection is made) will be copied and moved to any compatible location in FL Studio, e.g. Edison, Sampler channels, Fruity Slicer, DirectWave, the Playlist, etc. Right-click to copy the selection to the clipboard."Playlist(Click) would be the best cuz you can perfect the timing if you have perfect cuts/markers."

Make sure your
pianoroll_tool_snap.gif
is on (none)

Turn the stretch on to get to the exact beats for the sample(audio)
playlist_focus.jpg

Done.

WARNING towards alternative! Reference (Audio Clips - Playlist)<-------

Be careful and make sure every sample is in tune. change there pitch in the Sampler Channel(Time Stretching/Pitch) to like -10; its really up to you.

Then change your tempo to whatever you want...

This is just how I sample even tho I dont sample anymore.

Attachments

• edison_button_regions.gif
    edison_button_regions.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
thanks a lot for the advice big help. I am still having a little bit of difficulty believe it or not lol. So how many beats do I need to be counting before I place a marker? and also can I take all these markers and drag them to my sequencer and time stretch them to 1 beat so that when they play they are time stretched and my drums won't be so offset anymore? I can't get this samples drums to match up with mine no matter what I do.

in your daw put the clock position to where you'd like the chop to stop, look at the clock and put that exact number in the time settings of the chop.

NOPE wait i was wrong.

60/bpm is the length of one beat.
60/bpm times 4 is the bar length at selected tempo.

this allows you to chop basically exactly where you want.

Last edited:
Slicex - Wave Editor <------ Reference (Click)

Make sure Auto-Dump is off

Just slap the sample in

Play, Count what you want, then place markers.
edison_button_markers.gif
Add / remove marker / region

Then zoom in and make sure your marker is very precise(Use mouse wheel)

Next, change to Master pitch to match tempo. (Master Panel)

Then use your MidiKeyboard or keyboard to play it out.

(ALTERNATIVE!!) Or, Right click your Marker region(Turns Red/Highlighted right?). Then
edison_button_drag.gif
Drag / copy sample / move selection - Left-click and drag the button (yes the button) to the desired location.

"
The selected region in the Sample Edit Window (or whole sample if no selection is made) will be copied and moved to any compatible location in FL Studio, e.g. Edison, Sampler channels, Fruity Slicer, DirectWave, the Playlist, etc. Right-click to copy the selection to the clipboard."Playlist(Click) would be the best cuz you can perfect the timing if you have perfect cuts/markers."

Make sure your
pianoroll_tool_snap.gif
is on (none)

Turn the stretch on to get to the exact beats for the sample(audio)
playlist_focus.jpg

Done.

WARNING towards alternative! Reference (Audio Clips - Playlist)<-------

Be careful and make sure every sample is in tune. change there pitch in the Sampler Channel(Time Stretching/Pitch) to like -10; its really up to you.

Then change your tempo to whatever you want...

This is just how I sample even tho I dont sample anymore.

What does the stretch thing do ?? Never used that

"Turn the stretch on to get to the exact beats for the sample(audio)"

Last edited:
Back