Chopping Question + Pete Rock Video

What I learn from Pete Rock is that he listen to a whole lot of music and grew up with his dad being a dj with a huge record collection.
A good ear is what it takes to chop a loop note by note,and I co-sign with Mad Tiger as Pete is one of the best ever,but anyone who makes beats and love to listening music with a knack of finding dope loops can do what he does.

loopster said:
Da Noc and Deranged broke it down perfectly but for all the ordinary cats he's taking the notes that land on the "1" and he's also taking the "and 1's" and sequencing them all together. of course having that dope loop like he does is what makes it work. the cool thing he can play the notes in the correct order, which he does at first and then he plays them in a different order to create another break it's actually fun as hell but it's not as easy. it takes a little while to chop a sample that takes up all 16 of your pads. Like i also said it helps if the loop is dope, it does'nt work with every loop. just use your best judgement

Oh and by the way anybody who thinks Pete Rock aint on point needs to be urinated on and ran over with an ice cream truck:D

I agree :D

Back