Choping up samples help!!??

You're acting as if the song was designed to fit into your composition. Just play with it. What is some part of a track suddenly goes through vari speed - are you going to use a formula to determine the tempo and pitch change, chop up the duration into equal parts and time stretch each part back so that you have a complete 4 bar passage?

Sometimes I will hear a different time signature and go with it because it allows me to spread the sample in the same way but whether I chopped it and made it fit or went with something like the original unfolding, doesn't really matter.

Alright thanks for all the help, I understand what you guys mean and rhythim is not a problem at all I was just looking for a formula or way to find that exact perfect 4 bar loop, that sweet spot where it would be perfect. Sometimes I can waste so much time just adjusting my start or end point until it's perfect but I think I've found a new way of doing.
I just find the exact BPM using a similar formula as above and then based on the BPM I can calculate in seconds how long a certain amount of bars are.

For example 64BPM (for easy math)
4 bars would be 15 seconds exactly
so from my start point of my loop 15 seconds exactly would be 4 bars.

Also my boys showing me how to crossfade too make a smooth loop if anyone can elaborate on "Crossfading" that would be nice.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

These days you shouldn't even have to go through all that. Back when I was deejaying, counting tempo by ear was an essential technique, but in this day and age of software daws, its not even necessary anymore if you're only really a studio producer and not a live performer.
I'd say being able to count music in quarter/eight/sixteenth notes and triplets is a much more useful skill to have, especially when chopping and arranging samples and communicating with other musicians. And contrary to what most people would think, you are using your ears.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Is there a way you could post a 15 second clip of the track containing the passage you want to loop so I could better help you?
This isn't something I can just explain without hearing any audio.

Atmosphere Music - Timeless - YouTube
That's the song I wanted to sample

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I'm not trying to chop up the sample though and find the tempo for each chop, I'm just trying to start off with a 4 bar loop, was more so asking how to find the perfect start and end point of a loop.

Loops are whack. Chop it, trigger it, and make it your own. looping someone else's loops has zero creativity. also, for clicks, add a super quick fade in and fade out on your audio region. You wont hear a difference in the music, but you also wont here a click. From there you can render that audio so the fade is built in. Or not. whatever suits your pleasure.

Loops are whack. Chop it, trigger it, and make it your own. looping someone else's loops has zero creativity. also, for clicks, add a super quick fade in and fade out on your audio region. You wont hear a difference in the music, but you also wont here a click. From there you can render that audio so the fade is built in. Or not. whatever suits your pleasure.

Knowing how to properly edit loop lengths based on tempo is a useful skill that caries over into other aspects of production and sound design, but unfortunately most cats never learn how to make real loops due to a legacy that can be traced all the way back to hardware samplers that displayed times as useless gibberish numbers based on sample rates rather than something useful for making proper loops such as seconds, this resulted in the practice of rough cutting a one shot sample and sequencing it so it sounded just like a real loop.

A real loop will repeat autonomously for as long as the note is held so if it has not been edited accurately it will drift off tempo and the playing of real loops is a bit different to sequencing a one shot to sound like it's looping, because just like playing out your slices you can be creative, but rather than having a polyphony of 1 you play loops by layering them as though you are playing chords, for example you might have a shaker loop on one pad and a break beat loop on another and a piano loop on another, and you play them together by holding them down and shifting the timing, dropping shit in and out on the fly.

Back