Choping Up Drum Breaks

• Thread starter dubsthebeatbanger
  • Start date
D

dubsthebeatbanger

How To Chop Up Drum Breaks VIdeo.

Hope this inspires you to take a part of this knowledge and apply it to your techniques. Also to put people on to using more drum breaks from vinyl records and thinking that a certain break is "too thin" to use.

This is how to get different snares in your mix (dilla style) you have variations with the same hi hate kicks etc... I use some of the most shitty and mucky breaks and thats how i get the best drums out of them

Had an MPC for a few months now and never even thought about the stereo thing. Thanks for this.

thanks again everyone hope it helps.

Yes there is a way to do it in logic but i do no use logic so i can not give you any advice on that.

The only thing that i know of myself is that i use to open the break in adobe audition or Cool Edit (same program) and highlight the drum i wanted to use and go up to the left channel copy and go to new and mono paste and save the repeat for the right chanel.

Open up the 2 drum kicks in your DAW and layer on top of each other and apply seperate filters to them to achieve the same effect.

You can also pitch them up or down in your DAW

Last edited by a moderator:
Back