choping issue?

drought

hey fp wats up, my question is about chopping and replying the sample on a keyboard or mpc pads. so my question when i chop a sample in fl studio in edsion or slicex or fl slicer and i usual try and chop on the beats of the sample that i am using. But the problem im having is that when i try and reply the sample as a loop or try and create my own melody with the sample it comes very choppy and not fluent at all and doesnt flow quite as well as i want it to. does know how to fix this problem. is it that im chopping my sample not good enough or is my timing and rhythm when im replaying my samples on a keyboard? Also when ppl just want to loop apart of a song they chop it up and reply the loop or just leave it how it is or can u do either?

any help would be great, i just wanna get better with working with samples

thank you

You don't need to chop on every beat say you have a horn section that goes for a full bar instead of chopping it up let it ride out

I think if you gonna chop then just replay the same loop then theres no point in chopping it.

I think its the tempo or even how fast you are playing the chops back that are making it sound off or even you can quantize the chops

Back